CDIH
fuckin fuck fuck help - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: fuckin fuck fuck help (/showthread.php?tid=8003)

Pages: 1 2 3

- The Sleeper - 12-16-2003

ok I'm getting these annoying popups

I've done adaware
I've done spybot
I deleted my temporary internet files
I deleted my cookies

THEY STILL POP UP

What the fuck do i do now?

- Galt - 12-16-2003

are they those XP popups that look like DOS? They popup even when you aren't using a website? I used to get those and found a way to disable them. But I forget how.

If it's those, it's something within Windows that allows them access and you have to block that port or something.

Just search google.

- Keyser Soze - 12-16-2003

What do they look like?

I use windows 98, they are doubleclick type popups i think, one of them has smurfs on them. It's the same popups everytime.

can you do a screen shot and post one?

- Galt - 12-16-2003

Microsoft is going to stop supporting Windows '98 users and older next month.

That OS is 5 frikkin years old. You deserve to get pop-ups.

ok when one comes up i will

You really should upgrade to 2000 or XP.

why? I've heard nothing but bad things

- Goatweed - 12-16-2003

It wouldn't hurt to run a virus scan too, sometimes these things get installed as viruses to avoid being detected by adaware/spybot apps.

You can always run a popup blocker - I use this one. The new Google Toolbar has a pretty nice popup blocker also.

I used a pop up blocker once and it was annoying cause it blocked stuff that I wanted to look at too.

- Goatweed - 12-16-2003

And yeah, you should upgrade to XP - Win98 was good, but XP is worlds better.

Just avoid XP Home and get XP Pro - Home has a bunch of bugs and I don't know if MS has gotten around to patching it. Pro has some security issues but a quick run through Windows Update will fix them all for you.

I've been on XP Pro for over a year and I've had no issues with it at all.

doesn't it cost money to get XP...and why is it so much better? As long as things pop up when I click them, that's all i need.

[Image: popup.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

i gottta hand it to these ads, they do challenge your mind.

You need a pop up blocker. You do not have adware on your machine. This is just a normal pop up from some website you've visited that sells ads to that website. If you want to find out what specific website that is from, right click on the pop up itself and click on properties and look at address.

I do have adaware. and pop blockers don't stop popups at the root of the source, they just minimize them when they pop up. I wanna get rid of where it came from. Which is like a cookie or something in the registry i think.

- Galt - 12-16-2003

delete your C drive.

- diceisgod - 12-16-2003

Shoot a bazooka at the company's home office.

Pop up swatter via the Google toolbar kills pop ups dead, doesnt minimise them. You should make sure you have the latest adaware and spybot definitions. You may also need to reboot and rerun them to make sure you get everything.

You could also try go to run and type in msconfig and removing anything that looks suspicious from startup.

- Goatweed - 12-16-2003

the one in the middle is Brad Pitt - now where's my $50 gift card?