CDIH
Hhh's interview on tsn's off the record. - Some interesting notes. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Hhh's interview on tsn's off the record. - Some interesting notes. (/showthread.php?tid=806)

- GonzoStyle - 03-16-2002

Triple H appeared on TSN's Off the Record show this evening. It was a great interview where Triple H talked about the MSG incident, Shawn Michaels being sent home last year and more. Here is a quick recap:

- They immediately start talking about the quad injury and Michael asks Triple H if he's surprised he's even here. Triple H says he's a little bit surprised but at first, he didn't think the tear was as bad as it was. They couldn't tell because of the swelling but after the first few days, they realized it was very serious. But luckily, he had good people working with him and he's back.

- Landsberg talks about how the match didn't even stop when Triple H got injured. Triple H comments that he knew immediately, it felt like lighting hit his thigh. He knew he was badly hurt but the show just goes on. He said it never crossed his mind to stop. They show the clips of Jericho giving him the Walls of Jericho and Triple H comments that at one point, Jericho asks him if he's hurt and what to do and Triple H responded by saying to just keep going. He said after that move, he still had to get back in the ring and do another spot but he was just hoping for the match to end.

- They talk about the 1996 MSG incident where Hall, Nash, Shawn Michaels and Triple H all met for a group hug after the event. Triple H admits that he got punished for doing that but Shawn had previously asked Vince if he could do it and Vince said yes. But it got out of hand because Vince thought they were just gonna stand apart and point at each other. When they came back to the backstage area, he could sense there was heat but the fallout was felt a few days later. Shawn was the champion and untouchable so all the heat fell on Triple H. Triple H says that it wouldn't have mattered if Shawn got punished as well.

- They talk about last year when Shawn Michaels came to the WWF in no shape to work and the company sent him home. Triple H says that Michaels came because of Triple H's word, he talked to people and smoothed things over - basically it was his idea to bring Shawn back. But the company made a decision not to use him and he had to side with the company especially after seeing Shawn. Although not wanting to get into specifics, Triple H stated that anyone who saw Shawn would have had a tough time not siding with the company - it was that bad.

- Michael talks about Triple H and Stephanie dating and asks how it started and how he broke the news to Vince. Triple H stated that it just started after all the time they spent together. They were similar and shared a passion for the business. Triple H goes on to say that Vince was watching them and he may have known even before them.

- Landsberg asks if backstage they act like boyfriend/girlfriend. Triple H says no, around business they try to act professionally and business-like.

- Landsberg asks if he was ever worried about what the other wrestlers thought, in light of the fact that they are both creative writers for the company. Triple H says yes at first he was but it was Vince who convinced him otherwise. He also says that the Undertaker also convinced him otherwise, saying no one has a right to challenge his work ethic or question that he earned to get to where he is.

- Landsberg questions what will happen if things don't work out, it will be a conflict of interest and his reputation could be shot. Triple H says that yeah, it will be difficult but he will deal with it when and if it happens. He's already beat up Vince once and he'll do it again. Landsberg asks him what if it did happen, what would he do and Triple H says it would just depend on the circumstances.

- They show a clip of Joanie Laurer (Chyna) on Off the Record and how she blames Triple H for their relationship. Triple H says sure, if she wants to blame someone blame him. He says that their relationship was going down for a while before that because this business is tough on relationships because you're around each other 24/7. Triple H says that Joanie doesn't realize that things just weren't working out from before but he wishes her the best of luck in the future. If she has anger, he understands it but no one forced her to do anything.

- Landsberg talks about how his private life is basically being showcased on public TV. Wouldn't it be easier to find someone who wasn't in the business and the whole world wouldn't see it evolve? Triple H says that when you are so passionate for this business, how do you find someone who understands the business, understands your passions and isn't with you just because of who you are. It's difficult to find someone who shares the same passion for something as you.

- Viewer questions are up next. The first one asks who Triple H's favorite person to work with. Triple H says this is a tough question and in fact, he talked to Ric Flair about this same thing the other day. Triple H says that everyone has a different style, but he loved working with Mick Foley because of the hardcore direction, the Rock because of the showmanship, Undertaker because it was classic old school style and Steve Austin because it was down and dirty fighting. Everyone has their own style.

- They talk about Ric Flair and how Triple H studies his tapes. Triple H admits to this saying that Flair was one of the greatest ever and his ring presence was just phenonemal. Triple H says that no one influenced him anymore than did Flair and that his in-ring work is unmatched.

- Another reader question asks who would win in a real life ultimate brawl in the WWF. Triple H says it's hard to stay because every wrestler has a different style of fighting. Triple H says maybe Kurt Angle, but could he take Big Show down and beat him up. They talk about how Undertaker would love to take Show down and beat him up and Triple H says that he probably could. He names a few more like Bradshaw and Faarooq who are legitimately tough.

- Another question asks if he's upset that the Hogan-Rock match is the headliner at Wrestlemania. Triple H says no he's not upset but he's disappointed that his match with Jericho hasn't had a better build to it. This is Hogan's return to the WWF match (and he compares Michael Jordan's return to basketball) and says that even though it may be the headliner, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the best match or the best wrestler.

- Next question asks what safety net the WWF has for bookers to push themselves. Triple H says that Vince McMahon is the safety net. He says that despite what you hear elsewhere, Vince McMahon has final say. He has control and acts as a filter. To make money in wrestling, you can't do it yourself. You need someone just as over to work with and it's beneficial for him to have as many guys at the top to work with as possible.

- They talk about Chris Jericho and how close he is to the top. Triple H says that it's difficult to say but he believes that Chris is just a step below the top tier. He doesn't know but there's just a piece of the puzzle missing but he believes Jericho will get it. It doesn't happen all at once but when it happens, it will happen fast.

- They talk about guys just underneath Jericho who could move up a level. Triple H mentions Test and Edge who could move up a tier in the roster. But there is always one guy who no one expects who could move up immediately.

- Landsberg talks about his original character, the blue-blood snob Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Triple H says that back then, everyone came in with a gimmick - a firefighter, a garbageman, etc. But he's happy he got out of that role, even though it took a while, because it was so limiting in what he could do.

- Michael thanks Triple H for doing the interview and says that he was amazing.

- Hybrid - 03-16-2002

hhh is cool. i like how he was honest about shawn michaels and jericho.

- GonzoStyle - 03-16-2002

HyBriD Wrote:hhh is cool. i like how he was honest about shawn michaels and jericho.
He's one of the most honest men in the business, he's always been like this. Except now he can finally vocie his opinions cause he is the one at the top which he fuckin broke his ass for.

- Hybrid - 03-16-2002

i agree. he really did earn his spot at the top.

- Sir O - 03-17-2002

GonzoStyle Wrote:He's one of the most honest men in the business, he's always been like this. Except now he can finally vocie his opinions cause he is the one at the top which he fuckin broke his ass for.
Ask him about the roids, or how the roids played a part in his injury, and you'll find a much less honest HHH.

People are always honest when you ask the questions they want to hear...

- Hybrid - 03-17-2002

here comes the always negative sir o with his always negative comments, and how much better japanese wrestling is...... :p :thumbs-up:

- Sir O - 03-18-2002

HyBriD Wrote:here comes the always negative sir o with his always negative comments, and how much better japanese wrestling is...... :p :thumbs-up:
Well, now that you mention it, I finally got my hands on Kawada vs. Mutoh from 2/24/02. While it wasn't quite as good as it could have been, it was still a solid **** match. Kawada is the best heavyweight in the world right now, and Mutoh, despite his bad knees and the fact that he can be a lazy sack of shit sometimes, holds his own against Toshiaki.

I watched this match in the afternoon, then watched Wrestlemania in the evening. Do I even need to say that nothing on WM even came remotely close?

- GonzoStyle - 03-30-2002

Sir O Wrote:People are always honest when you ask the questions they want to hear...
Dude like anyone has to even ask if he used roids.

- Sir O - 04-02-2002

Quote:He's one of the most honest men in the business, he's always been like this.
Quote:Dude like anyone has to even ask if he used roids.
from an interviewer who asked.

Quote:Many have accused wrestlers of taking steroids to achieve otherwise impossible
muscle mass. Have you ever taken steroids?

I don't condone its use. But I understand its place. I don't have a problem with
people who take steroids. It's a great medicine for people who need it, and it
has a place in the world just like any other medication. If a doctor feels that's
what you need to improve your health or life and puts you on it, then that's
great. However, if you take it without a prescription, then it's just a drug like
any other drug, and you shouldn't take it. It should only be given by a doctor.

Can you smell evasion?

Yeah, prescriptions, that's the ticket. Hey Dr. Zahorian, I need two...

- GonzoStyle - 04-04-2002

Dude this is a guy who works his ass off and has his whole career, day in and day out. Does he roid? Probably but who in todays sports can claim trully that they have never taken a drug, wether a suppliment or actual drugs. Not too many, is it right? Nope. But no one thought any less of schwarzenegger when he admitted to roiding in his Mr. Universe days, and as many chances as people like Strawberry, Tyson and Ray lewis have gotten. I think HHH is not even a blip on the radar.

I also agree with HHH on the fact that steroids are useful, it's fuckin imrods who abuse them and do not use them properly in accordance with a doctors prescription who ruin things. There are many types of roids.

I bet you're also against legalizing pot, or does the medical reasons case stand for pot?

- Sir O - 04-08-2002

I'm not even saying that HHH is wrong for using the roids. He's a grown man and it's his decision. I'm merely pointing out his dishonesty and taking cheap shots, cause I just don't like him.

As for legalizing pot, just cause I don't flaunt it, doesn't mean I don't do it. I'm as much a stoner as Spitfire and Sluggo. So no, I'm not against leaglizing pot. Quite the contrary.