CDIH
Lactic acid....... - And you thought you were in pain sunday. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Lactic acid....... - And you thought you were in pain sunday. (/showthread.php?tid=819)

- Sloatsburgh - 03-18-2002

I have started a new St. Patrick's Day tradition. Instead of getting really drunk (like going to McSorely's with my fraternity brothers and pounding 8oz Darks at $2 a pop), I play in a hockey tournament and then get really drunk with guys I see all year. This year I signed up to play with one team that has a 74 year old and played Friday night at 6, and Saturday at 1 and 6. Now, I believe that I heard from bodybuilders that it takes a muscle group 48 hours to recover. I, instead, played 3 games in 24 hours (or so). We had the accursed luck to end up playing in the playoffs on Sunday morning at 9am.

I was in no shape to get up at 9am let alone be ready to skate some more. All day Saturday, my legs felt like I had lead in them. I think I have strained a couple of muscles and I have trouble walking today. Oh, the one nice thing about playing on Sunday morning was that I didn't suffer from my hang-over for more than an hour, but my whole body felt like shit and every time I closed my eyes, I had hockey nightmares.

So, I ask you like you are experts or something, how do you get rid of lactic acid quickly. For those of you who don't know, lactic acid is the byproduct of muscles converting something (glucose?) to energy and remains in the muslces and gives you that dull sore feeling.

- Black Lazerus - 03-18-2002

plenty of water and streaching works
make sure you stretch even if your tired.

Edited By Black Lazerus on Mar. 18 2002 at 1:53

- Arpikarhu - 03-18-2002

try exercising more than once a year.

- Buttmunch - 03-18-2002

1) Obtain handgun

2) Load handgun

3) Insert handgun in mouth

4) Pull trigger

5) Repeat as necessary

Warning: Do not use this treatment if you are driving or operating heavy machinery. Pregnant women should check with their physician prior to use. People with high blood pressure may experience dizziness, irregular heart beat and/or sleeplessness.

Edited By Buttmunch on Mar. 18 2002 at 1:55

- Black Lazerus - 03-18-2002

Buttmunch Wrote:1) Obtain handgun

2) Load handgun

4) Pull trigger

5) Repeat as necessary

Warning: Do not use this treatment if you are driving or operating heavy machinery. Pregnant women should check with their physician prior to use. People with high blood pressure may experience dizziness, irregularity and/or sleeplessness.
God if some people only took their own advice the world
would be so much better. :p

- Buttmunch - 03-18-2002

Black Lazerus Wrote:
Buttmunch Wrote:1) Obtain handgun

2) Load handgun

4) Pull trigger

5) Repeat as necessary

Warning: Do not use this treatment if you are driving or operating heavy machinery. Pregnant women should check with their physician prior to use. People with high blood pressure may experience dizziness, irregularity and/or sleeplessness.
God if some people only took their own advice the world
would be so much better. :p
No shit, huh Darkie? :p :lol:

- Sloatsburgh - 03-18-2002

Well, Laz, I drank so much water and peed so much this weekend. I even sat in a sauna for a couple of minutes after two of the games. That is I sat in a sauna until another person came in and then I left. Left quickly and made sure that my towel covered my junk and my ass which were in a pair of shorts too.

Arpi, that's a good line but I play at least once a week, it's just I went full tilt 4 times, I really pushed myself.

BM, how the hell am I going to get a handgun in CT?? Go to Bridgeport? too dangerous.

Actually, I'm finding caffeine is doing wonders......

- Doc - 03-19-2002

Dude, it's probably NOT lactic acid that is making you feel so crappy this long after you did that.

Lactic acid diffues out of muscles and back into the bloodstream where it is picked up by the liver. That process takes a couple of hours.

If you still feel sore now, it might be due to small muscles tears and bruises that are normal when you do an activity that involves a lot of quick starts and stops or very hard work. The only thing you can really do is make sure you stretch during and after an activity. The only other option is anabolic steroids, and I don't think you want your jewels to look like sun-dried tomatoes :bouncer: