CDIH
JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!& - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!& (/showthread.php?tid=8259)

- drusilla - 01-14-2004

i can't log out of cdih anymore. on either of my computers.

what did you do?

- Danked - 01-14-2004

I've been having odd problems like this on my work computer. Ever since I updated Internet Explorer actually.

Try deleting all your cookies and see if it helps.

- Black Lazerus - 01-14-2004

I never should have voted for jack I withdraw my Vote!

- Goatweed - 01-14-2004

log out of the board, then close IE.

go to start...control panel...then Internet Options

under Temporary Internet Files, click Settings and then View Files. You'll get a window loaded with all kinds of shit.

You're looking for cookies that have cdih.net in them - I usually have 2 - "cdih.net" and "www.cdih.net" - delete them both, then click "ok" until you're all out of those windows.

Go back to the board, you should have to log back in to view.

You could also just go on that Temp Internet folder and delete everything, but there are a lot of cookies I don't like to delete, mainly because I forget passwords to sites very easily - but if you don't care then just delete everything like Danked said.

- Danked - 01-14-2004

She can't log out though. That's the problem. Does she necessarily have to in order to fix the problem, goats?

- Jack - 01-14-2004

They are correct.. it is a cookie issue with IE... for some reason they no longer expire and when you log out it isn't deleting them. Dunno why, but its not just happening here.. I get the same problem on excite email.. can't log out.

- Keyser Soze - 01-14-2004

she just doesnt want jorge reading my posts pledging my undying love to her.

- Goatweed - 01-14-2004

Danked Wrote:She can't log out though. That's the problem. Does she necessarily have to in order to fix the problem, goats?
in theory, all she would have to do is close IE, delete the cookies, then reopen IEand go to the board (where she should see that she's not logged in) but when I tried this, it didn't work - I actually had to log out (even though once I did it I wasn't logged out), then close IE and delete the cookies.

It's just one of those things.

- The Sleeper - 01-14-2004

use mozilla

- Weird NJ - 01-14-2004

Quote:in theory, all she would have to do is close IE, delete the cookies, then reopen IEand go to the board (where she should see that she's not logged in) but when I tried this, it didn't work - I actually had to log out (even though once I did it I wasn't logged out), then close IE and delete the cookies.

It's just one of those things.
It could be IE was still running inside another process, like the google deskbar. Try restarting and deleting the cookies before you start up IE. Or try safe mode. :38:

- drusilla - 01-15-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:she just doesnt want jorge reading my posts pledging my undying love to her.
i'd say you're busted, but he probably won't read the board too much anyway

- HedCold - 01-15-2004

The Sleeper Wrote:use mozilla
seriously

- Galt - 01-15-2004

Kill your parents.

- drusilla - 01-16-2004

i dunno what you did, but it's fixed & i dind't even touch nothing.