CDIH
How stupid - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: How stupid (/showthread.php?tid=8260)

- Bloody Anus - 01-14-2004

do you have to be to choke on your food so much so that you need the Heimlich maneuver? I mean, come on. Sure, I've had things "go down the wrong way" before, but never to the extent that it's threatened my life.
I can see it happening to small children, I suppose. But once you reach a certain age (I'd say 6) there is really no excuse for not knowing how to eat.

The reason I bring this up is because I just witnessed my first ever Heimlich maneuver. All I really saw was the tail end of it when I turned around and it looked like 2 guys were humping. Then the entire restaurant broke out in applause, as if to say "Congratulations, you've been eating for 35 years yet you still have no fucking clue what you're doing. You were almost killed by FOOD. And not even expired food or poisoned food or anything. You are a real winner!"

- Galt - 01-14-2004

some people dont' know how to walk accross the street either.

- Silera - 01-14-2004

I think those people breed in Hoboken.

- Kid Afrika - 01-14-2004

I concur. It takes a special kind of stupidity to choke on food that badly. I mean, maybe a cough or something, but choking?

Same goes for getting hit by a car. If you get hit by a car whilst trying to cross the street, you may just deserve it.

- Keyser Soze - 01-14-2004

my nickname originates from saving some girls life in 5th grade by performing the heimlech maneuver on her. she was choking on a noodle in her chicken soup. from then on, i was soup.

- GonzoStyle - 01-14-2004

Hey if the president can choke on a pretzel, then I say it's ok!!

- The Sleeper - 01-14-2004

I choked on a cough drop when I was 5 or 6. My mom didn't know the heimelich so she put her hand in my throat and ripped it out. fun times!

I never choked but I did shove a peanut M&M up my nose when I was 4. I shoved it up there good and far, had to go to the hospital to have it removed, I think they may have dug a little too deep.

- Silera - 01-14-2004

When I was five my nose itched and I thought it would be cleaner if I used my pencil to scratch it than my finger. The eraser came off entirely and I couldn't blow it out. For about 2 months, my mother kept bringing me to the doctor and I remember taking everything from cough syrup to penicillin until the doctor thought I might have pneumonia. They even took xrays of my chest and tested me for asthma.

Until finally one day, the doctor took these really long tweezers that kind of bent at the end and pulled out the eraser.

The answer to the question, as to why I wouldn't just tell my mom I had an eraser stuck up my right nostril, I was scared she would yell at me. I stand by my decision to withhold the truth to this day.

- diceisgod - 01-14-2004

I prefer the Himmler Manuever where you hang someone with piano wire and watch them slowly get beheaded.

- Velociti - 01-14-2004

one of my friends was choking on a bottle cap that he took off with his teeth (already stupid)

a strong right jab to the mid back was enough to get him to cough it up.

Edited By Velociti on 1074108594

- HedCold - 01-14-2004

i once had an ice cube get stuck in my throat. it was embarrassing because it was in a mall and my mom was screaming getting all worried, and my dad was just like "would you calm down its going to melt." all people stood around and watched. i think i cried Undecided

hahahaha the little baby cried!!!