CDIH
14 years ago today, - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: 14 years ago today, (/showthread.php?tid=8264)

Pages: 1 2

- Bloody Anus - 01-14-2004

the very first episode of The Simpsons was aired.

Bart the Genius: Bart swaps IQ tests with Martin, landing him in a school for gifted children where he is the target of endless jokes by his new classmates.

I remember this night fondly as this episode was followed by the Married With Children episode when Al gets audited by the IRS so he tries to sell Peggy's hair. Oh, that Al! Will he ever learn?!?

If I remember correctly, the hysterical show "Duet" was also on on this memorable night.

good times!

- Galt - 01-14-2004

that's not the very first Simpson's Episode.

The Christmas episode doesn't count because that was while the show was still just a part of The Tracey Ullman show. Bart the Genius marked the beginning of The Simpsons as its own, stand-alone show.

- Galt - 01-14-2004

The Xmas episode was it's very own episode. Had nothing to do with Tracey Ullman. They also repeated it constantly. Its success was the reason the show got picked up to begin with.

Exactly. It had nothing to do with Ullman, but was a Christmas SPECIAL. Based on the success of this special, it got picked up as its own series, which began with the 1/14/90 airing of Bart the Genius.

- Galt - 01-14-2004

An episode is an episode. You are wrong and have lost all credibility. Create a new username and start fresh.

- GonzoStyle - 01-14-2004

what's all those blank spaces between bloody anus' posts?

The only thing I was wrong about was in believing that "Duet" was on. While in fact, "Duet" was cancelled in 1989 and it was actually "Open House", the Duet spinoff, which was on in 1990 on the same day that the first episode of the Simpsons was aired.

You wrong?

Don't be silly.

- The Sleeper - 01-14-2004

I remember watching both of these episodes quite vividly. There was quite a buzz in the 2nd grade classroom the next day after the christmas special. I'd consider it the real first episode.

I was in Junior high at the time and I remember at the time you were not considered cool or even a person if you did not have the following.

A Batman shirt and a Bart Simpson "eat my shorts" shirt.

- Galt - 01-15-2004

"Don't have a Cow, Man". Freshman in high school

- GonzoStyle - 01-15-2004

the don't have a cow shirt was ok if you already owned the eat my shorts one.

- HedCold - 01-15-2004

so that makes the south park christmas episode the first episode?
i wouldn't say that

- Galt - 01-15-2004

south Park Xmas wasn't on TV.

- The Sleeper - 01-15-2004

In the official Simpsons episode guide, the christmas episode is listed as the first episode.

- diceisgod - 01-15-2004

I wore a lot of concert shirts back then. One day I was wearing a Motley Crue one from the Dr. Feelgood tour. So I'm in this diner minding my own business getting a sandwich or something at the counter. This guy that was sitting there eating unbeknownst to me is looking at the back of my shirt. So all I hear out of the blue is this dick screams out loud(reading the back of my cheesy shirt): "THE CRUE IS BACK AND THEY BROUGHT THE DOCTOR!?!?!!...... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!"

The prick was laughing as hard as humanly possible i think. I just put my head down, walked out and never wore another concert shirt again in my life. That's the price of an education I guess.

- The Jays - 01-15-2004

In 1989, I think I was still trying to form coherant sentances.

Wait, no, I was in 4th grade. I read at a high school level.

- drusilla - 01-15-2004

it was all about the brightly colored college t-shirts back then.

as well as the black & yellow batman t

- Kid Afrika - 01-15-2004

Thank you all for reminding me just how old I am.