CDIH
Anthony cumia - ... did you guys see this? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Anthony cumia - ... did you guys see this? (/showthread.php?tid=849)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Ahlexus - 03-20-2002

From the NY Post.....

March 20, 2002 -- And you thought his radio show was raunchy.

Anthony Cumia of "Opie & Anthony" fame settled his divorce case against estranged wife Jennifer Cumia yesterday, but not before talking about riding the three-way of love on the witness stand.

"Did you bring other women into your bed with [your wife]?" Jennifer's lawyer, Dominic Barbara, asked the surprised shock jock.

"No, I didn't," the WNEW personality snapped.

"Wasn't there another woman you were seeing [during the marriage]?" Barbara followed.

"Yes," Cumia replied sheepishly.

"Was she one of the thirdsome bed?" Barbara asked.

"Yes," answered Cumia, the first - and as it turned out, only - witness to be called to the stand before state Supreme Court Justice Joan Lobis.

After testifying for about three hours, the "Whip 'Em Out Wednesdays" co-creator abruptly settled the case after discovering reporters were sitting in the courtroom. The terms of the deal are confidential.

Cumia's testimony began with his recounting his rise to fame - and bantering back and forth with Barbara, a regular on rival Howard Stern's radio show.

Cumia said he was working for an air-conditioning company in the late '80s, but that his talents for mimicry occasionally landed him on Stern's show.

When Barbara asked him what characters he'd mimic, he replied, "I believe I used to do Dominic Barbara."

Later, the ample attorney accused Cumia of talking about Jennifer on air, and said, "You discussed not only your wife, but your wife's lawyer, correct?" With a grin, Barbara added, "[You] made some fat jokes about him?"

Cumia laughed - but the judge said he didn't have to answer.

The syndicated yapper said he first met Jennifer back in 1987, but they didn't start dating until 1989. They married seven months later - but Cumia couldn't remember when.

-------------------

- BeckyDC - 03-20-2002

Intruiging.

- Ken'sPen - 03-20-2002

This is all starting to add up!!!!

SPAZ was third!!!

- windowlck - 03-20-2002

it's in the Daily News also

[Image: cumia_anthony.jpg]
Quote:Jock Shocks in Court

Anthony Cumia and his wife, Jennifer, leaving court yesterday.

"Opie & Anthony" shock jock Anthony Cumia reached a deal in his divorce from his wife, Jennifer, after a Manhattan Supreme Court hearing yesterday that was almost as kinky as one of his shows.

In cross-examination by Jennifer's lawyer, Dominic Barbara, Cumia admitted he and his wife had engaged in a frisky ménage à trois during their 11-year marriage.

"Was there another woman you were seeing at that time?" asked Barbara.

"Yes," replied the WNEW talkmeister.

"Was she one of the thirdsome [sic] in bed?" asked the lawyer.

"Yes," said Cumia.

When Barbara asked him if he had left Jennifer for another woman, Cumia replied: "It was more complicated than that."

Shortly after the grilling, Anthony, Jennifer and their lawyers went behind closed doors and emerged two hours later, announcing they had a settlement.

Details remained confidential, but Barbara told The News' Helen Peterson, "You saw how happy she was. She went skipping out of here."

Anthony had no comment.

Last year, Greg (Opie) Hughes and Cumia reportedly signed a $30 million, three-year syndication deal. And while Cumia denied knowing how much he was worth, Barbara said there was a report putting the value of his celebrity status at $100 million.

Jennifer Cumia filed for divorce in 1999. She and Cumia met in 1987 while he was working for a Long Island air conditioning and heating company and she was tending bar nearby.

They married on May 19, 1990 — a date Cumia could not recall in court.

- Arthur Dent - 03-20-2002

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

damn, no wonder he had a hair-trigger temper. He just lost his fucking shirt to his ex. And all because he didn't want the reporters to here all the sordid details.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

- Maynard - 03-20-2002

No fucking wonder he didn't stay married. He doesn't remember when he got married?????

- Hey Ladi - 03-20-2002

Arthur Dent Wrote:And all because he didn't want the reporters to here all the sordid details.
Which I don't quite understand. Ok, maybe the dating of the girl while married was bad, but why are they making a big deal of the threesome, the wife must have wanted to too.

Is he worried about damaging his 'reputation'? Pleeeeeze, the whole show is based on having girls whip out their shit, but wiffle ball bats places, eat weird things, and get in barrels!! He's no Angel !!

- Gooch - 03-20-2002

Not only that...for those who may have once worshipped O&A as their heroes...this whole thing, from top to bottom, should let you all know that everyone sucks...even if they are funny time to time. Nobody is above the muck and mire of being a steaming pile of hypocracy. When O&A doused Howard, and rightly so, they forgot to remember they were a bunch of assholes too...and anyone who bought into it then has been educated since (myself included).

- Galt - 03-20-2002

I wish the show was on this week. After the board mess and his divorce, it would be mother-of-all pissed-of-Anthonys.

- Hey Ladi - 03-20-2002

Ok, this took forever to find....... (SLASH, you'll have to tell me how you find stuff) :thumbs-up:

Quote:(Kingpin @ Feb. 28 2002,12:02)
Personally, I do not think camping is a white trash event,

(SLASH @ Mar. 06 2002,6:53)
Kingypoo, everyone is a lowlife. It is how far a person goes to hide it that makes the difference.
Quote:(SLASH: Mar. 06 2002,7:28)
I hate to use a show reference, but it's funny 'cause it's true.

At least that's the way i see things.

For instance, there are 'lowlife' things that you wouldn't do while you were partcipating in a white trash activity such as camping. Then there are some white trash camping activities you would never do in front of your parents etc.., then there are the things that you would do in front of your parents that you wouldn't do at a formal event.

But even when you are at that formal event, you must never forget that you are that same person who tasted their own boogers while lying on the couch watching the Simpsons.

- JIMMYSNUKA - 03-20-2002

Maybe this will actually make the show the least bit interesting again.

- Maynard - 03-20-2002

JIMMYSNUKA Wrote:Maybe this will actually make the show the least bit interesting again.
doubtful

Maynard Wrote:
JIMMYSNUKA Wrote:Maybe this will actually make the show the least bit interesting again.
doubtful
Nice and i thought i was the only one who thought the show sucks fucking grumpy scrotum.

- Arthur Dent - 03-20-2002

I doubt they'll even mention it. I mean, was the timing of this vacation really a coincidence? Doubt it.

Anyway, I haven't been able to listen to the show since the end of last month. Same old post syndication show or have there been some good bits? From some of these posts, I'd say probably not.

I still think O&A fit the Rocky analogy.

Rocky 1: Rocky is the underdog fighting hard every step of the way to reach his goal.
Rocky 2: Rocky is champ and spends all his time doing commercials and talk shows and partying. He gets sof ton fame. Then Bubba Lang comes along, works hard, and kicks his ass. Then Rocky has to start over and work hard again.
Rocky 3-5: Who really cares anymore.

Who will be O&A's Bubba Lang?

- Maynard - 03-20-2002

Arthur Dent Wrote:I doubt they'll even mention it. I mean, was the timing of this vacation really a coincidence? Doubt it.

Anyway, I haven't been able to listen to the show since the end of last month. Same old post syndication show or have there been some good bits? From some of these posts, I'd say probably not.

I still think O&A fit the Rocky analogy.

Rocky 1: Rocky is the underdog fighting hard every step of the way to reach his goal.
Rocky 2: Rocky is champ and spends all his time doing commercials and talk shows and partying. He gets sof ton fame. Then Bubba Lang comes along, works hard, and kicks his ass. Then Rocky has to start over and work hard again.

Quite possibly Ron & Fez. They should watch themselves, they may lose their place at the "almost" top very quickly.

- Grumpy - 03-20-2002

JIMMYSNUKA Wrote:Nice and i thought i was the only one who thought the show sucks fucking grumpy scrotum.
is that where the warm and fuzzy feelings were coming from? Here I was thinking it was Becky hiding under my desk again.

- OAS - 03-20-2002

The events in a couple of places over the last few days has been a huge dissapointment in the type of person Ant seemed to be. Burning the fan base, the "regular guys" that O&A grew their success on isn't going to be received well. Their seems to be plenty loyal fans here that have different views of late.

- Galt - 03-20-2002

Arthur Dent Wrote:I still think O&A fit the Rocky analogy.

But Rocky III was the best Rocky, followed by the guilty pleasures of Rocky IV.

Rocky and Rocky II don't really stand the test of time, but I could watch III or IV any day.

Rocky V. Okay, that was putrid. I chose to think that it never actually existed.

Grumpy Wrote:
JIMMYSNUKA Wrote:Nice and i thought i was the only one who thought the show sucks fucking grumpy scrotum.
is that where the warm and fuzzy feelings were coming from? Here I was thinking it was Becky hiding under my desk again.
If it were becky one nut would be gone the other turning a funky greenish blue color.

Since she is so peppy and never shuts up who knows what kind of bacteria are settling in that mowf.

- Maynard - 03-20-2002

OAS Wrote:The events in a couple of places over the last few days has been a huge dissapointment in the type of person Ant seemed to be. Burning the fan base, the "regular guys" that O&A grew their success on isn't going to be received well. Their seems to be plenty loyal fans here that have different views of late.
That is exactly the problem OAS. O&A built their career on the fans. Fuck, they would do whole shows where they would just take calls all day and let the fans tell the jokes. So when they got syndicated, and stopped doing that, they didn't have a clue what to do. That was the reason to get Norton on the show. Because he's the funny man with the jokes. If you really pay attention, alot of the show is them reacting to stuff that he says.