CDIH
DVD Screenshots - are they possible? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: DVD Screenshots - are they possible? (/showthread.php?tid=8580)

- Velociti - 02-20-2004

I'm looking for a way to do screen shots of a DVD. I have two programs, Dell Power DVD and PCFriendly DVD. I need a decent sized resolution frame of Tony's Globe in his living room from Scarface (with the words "the world is yours") so if anyone could help me out either way it would be appreciated.

- Keyser Soze - 02-20-2004

good question, anytime i try to cap video it just comes out black. i think theres special software you need to do it.

- Danked - 02-20-2004

I have done it before with PowerDVD. I made my old Stewie sig from the actual Family Guy dvds as well as my Home Movies sigs from episodes I had saved on my computer. You may just have to play with some of the capture options within the program.

- Danked - 02-20-2004

And that was Cyberlink PowerDVD I used. I don't know what Dell Power DVD is.

- Velociti - 02-20-2004

yea cyberlink dvd is what I am using, although their help menu is of no help regarding captures

- LZMF1 - 02-20-2004

the buttons on the interface for cyberlink power DVD are as follows: <ul><li>repeat (ctrl+r)
<li>capture frame ( c) i may be the sofa king but even i know that the button with a little camera in it is the capture frame button
<li>shuffle (u)
<li>next audio stream (h)
<li>next subtitle (u)
<li>menu (l)
<li>full screen (z)
<li>configuration (ctrl+c)
<li>select source (ctrl+o)
<li>eject (ctrl+e)

danked.....if you want the latest version i'll up it to your FTP

- Weird NJ - 02-20-2004

What version are you using? It's pretty easy to configure in version 4.0. Check the option to save as a file.

I think I remember having a similar problem in the earlier versions where the "save as" filename needed a peculiar character in the name because of a numbering scheme. eg. "My Documents\Capture\Picture*.jpg"

Also the only thing you can use to capture pics from a DVD is a DVD program. I'm pretty sure the video is being sent straight to the video card as an overlay so windows never gets to see the data.

- LZMF1 - 02-20-2004

powerdvd 5.0

- Danked - 02-20-2004

LZMF1 Wrote:danked.....if you want the latest version i'll up it to your FTP
I think Weird already has a new one. I saw him using it and I didn't like the interface. So far I'm not having any problems with the old one so I'm sticking with it.

- LZMF1 - 02-21-2004

i upped it long before your response.

ver 5.0 is very nice

- diceisgod - 02-21-2004

The screen capture works when it wants to if you use the print screen button. Sometimes you get the image that you can crop out of the media player you're using but most of the time it's black.

- GonzoStyle - 02-21-2004

Ask pat cooper, he'll sell you screen shots for a buck a piece.

- Arpikarhu - 02-23-2004

i downloaded 5.0 off the ftp but it requires a cd key. bummer

- Arpikarhu - 02-23-2004

got a key from astalavista.com. all is good!