CDIH
Blow - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Blow (/showthread.php?tid=8605)

Pages: 1 2

- The Jays - 02-25-2004

I don't know what it is. I mean, it's not a great movie, and it glorifies a man who is only the greatest drug dealer of all time in his own mind.

But, I just always have enjoyed this movie. Maybe it's Johnny Depp, or maybe it's something else, but I just really love this movie.

It's on USA right now, and I just have to watch it. It's just so damn enjoyable to watch.

- theDude - 02-25-2004

Ted Demme's swan song before he dropped dead.

- crack hitler - 02-25-2004

The Jays Wrote:I don't know what it is. I mean, it's not a great movie, and it glorifies a man who is only the greatest drug dealer of all time in his own mind.

But, I just always have enjoyed this movie. Maybe it's Johnny Depp, or maybe it's something else, but I just really love this movie.

It's on USA right now, and I just have to watch it. It's just so damn enjoyable to watch.
it's johnny depp... he's like butter, he makes everything better

- QuickStop - 02-25-2004

good movie. i think it was his hair that made it. and ethan suplee. and peewee. and bobcat. all that...thats what makes the movie

- theDude - 02-25-2004

crack hitler Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:I don't know what it is. I mean, it's not a great movie, and it glorifies a man who is only the greatest drug dealer of all time in his own mind.

it's johnny depp... he's like butter, he makes everything better
Even the greatness of Depp couldn't help "An Astronaut's Wife"

- Kid Afrika - 02-25-2004

How can you say that "Blow" glorifies a drug dealer's life? He ends up in jail and estranged from his daughter. His life was totally fucked, other than his being unbelievably rich for a portion of it.

- The Jays - 02-25-2004

It makes him come off like the greatest thing to ever happen to cocaine since the rolled up twenty dollar bill.

When you start putting new air vents in your house just to hide your money, you're pretty much "big time". Not to mention, not every street dealer got to meet Pablo Escobar.

- The Jays - 02-25-2004

Ok. I never said he wasn't big time.

And I never said that there was a "greatest thing to happen to cocaine". Sure, the movie says that if you snorted coke in the 80's it was probably his. But who am I to say it isn't true? And who are you for that matter? Somebody had to "import" it, it might have been him. Unless, of course, it was your "roommate".

- The Jays - 02-25-2004

I don't know if it's all true or not. It's adapted from a book by Bruce Porter, from what I hear about the book, the research done is supposedly very good. I don't know if the majority of the story is straight from the mouth of George Jung, and if so, if he made himself come off like a big deal, if things were embellished. To me, it comes off that way. That's all I'm saying.

Quote:Unless, of course, it was your "roommate".

What does this mean?

That was a failed attempt at a spic joke. My assumption, of course, being that your roommate is of some sort of spanish decent. Alas, now that I've had to explain it, it can never be funny.

- The Jays - 02-25-2004

I have a roomate?

- Goatweed - 02-25-2004

I assumed that CannibalOx fella was your roomate at school, maybe that's what K1d thought too.

- Mad - 02-25-2004

I thought he was just a good friend of The Jays.

- Goatweed - 02-25-2004

any friend of The Jays is a friend of mine.

Yeah, that ox fellow. I was assuming he was your roommate. Was I wrong?

- The Jays - 02-25-2004

he is not my roommate, but he is of puerto rican descent.

I knew it! (no I didn't)

He's surely had some dealings in the trafficking of control substances. Well, at least as much as I've had dealings with strong-arm robbery and auto theft.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 02-25-2004

Quote:He's surely had some dealings in the trafficking of control substances. Well, at least as much as I've had dealings with strong-arm robbery and auto theft.
So did you finally beat the last mission...I hear Sonny is really hard to kill...