CDIH
PS2 HDD - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: PS2 HDD (/showthread.php?tid=8609)

Pages: 1 2

- LZMF1 - 02-26-2004

anyone else getting it?

99.99 for the HD and final fantasy-(whatever the fuck)

it is going to be released on 03/24

- Mad - 02-26-2004

Maybe if they have stuff for SOCOM II, otherwise Final FantasyXI, no.

- LZMF1 - 02-26-2004

PS2 HDD w/ FF

they should have stopped the final fantasy shit after FFVIII.....i have no use for that game but the HDD will be sweet for socom 2.......you'll be able to download patches and new maps

- QuickStop - 02-26-2004

probably not. i think im just gonna get one of those new fangled no solder mod chips and burn me some ps2 games for mahself. its cheaper

- Goatweed - 02-26-2004

I was thinking the same thing - I'd get the harddrive if it was cheaper and came without the game tho.

- LZMF1 - 02-26-2004

if you guys do that you will need to invest in a gameshark or action replay to boot the game and you'll need prassi primoDVD

- Keyser Soze - 02-26-2004

im getting it. any other games in the future that they have announced will use the new HD?

- Goatweed - 02-26-2004

I'm sure Sony will eventually sell the drive on it's own, I can't see them expecting everyone who wants one to buy the game (if they don't want the game). Plus, if they release any other games down the line that would really take advantage of the drive, they'd have to make it more available as a stand-alone purchase.

There's always E-bay, too.

And I heard that the new solderless modchips are simple and require no other software (other than the onboard BIOS) to make the modchip work.

- LZMF1 - 02-26-2004

or you can plunk down 3 bills for a modded PS2 that boots copies directly and you can pop in an HD that you have sitting around. my buddy did that and he loves the fucking thing

- QuickStop - 02-26-2004

i lost the link to the site i saw he good solderless mod chips on, but im pretty sure you just needed to swap a disc.

- LZMF1 - 03-31-2004

i received mine last friday....

you just remove the broadband adaptor, pop it in, replace the BB adaptor and go but in order to play FF X-1 and TetraMaster you have to go through a torturous registration process and to make matters worse you have to install PlayOnline first. the PlayOnline install is on the 2nd disc in X-1 DVD case.

as i previously stated the registration sucks and you have to enter 4 or 5 different long assed #s for each thing you install. made me wonder....why not link all of them to the main one that you have to install(PlayOnline)

so far the games FF X-1 and tetramaster are extremely boring and there are no HDD downloads available for SOCOM 2.

that's another bill that sony got outta me. :fuckoff:

it does help with load times on socom but it's not a huge difference.

- Mad - 03-31-2004

Fall 2004 for SOCOM Updates. Who knows they might surprise us in the next couple of months with something new. Supposedly there have been HDD only re spawn rooms.

- Goatweed - 03-31-2004

I think I'll wait for it to come bundled alone, especially since there are no downloads available so there's really no use for it now.

- AbeSapien - 03-31-2004

Sony has said it plans to sell the HDD by itself in the future, but it will cost $100. You might as well pick it up now and get FFXI for "free".

- Goatweed - 03-31-2004

but I dont play the FF games - seems a waste to me.

besides, like everything else, it'll get cheaper.

- LZMF1 - 03-31-2004

Mad Wrote:Fall 2004 for SOCOM Updates. Who knows they might surprise us in the next couple of months with something new. Supposedly there have been HDD only re spawn rooms.
hmmmmm......i have yet to see those...i'll check for 'em tonight.

i forgot to mention that the HDD also comes with a utility disc that allows you to reformat the hard drive and it has the most current DVD drivers (v3.02). the strange part about it is that it saves to your memory card and not to the HDD :crackhead:
you can also optimize the drive but that does nothing right now.

i think i'll pick up another regular old 40 or 80 gig hard drive and pop it into my other PS2.....it'll definitely be cheaper all you gotta do is shim it so it doesn't rattle around inside. all i'll have to do is use the utility disc to set it up.

the interface for the DVD player is nicer.

Edited By LZMF1 on 1080711816

- LZMF1 - 04-01-2004

QuickStop Wrote:i lost the link to the site i saw he good solderless mod chips on, but im pretty sure you just needed to swap a disc.
consolesource.com

- PlasticMan - 04-01-2004

Quote:i think i'll pick up another regular old 40 or 80 gig hard drive and pop it into my other PS2.....it'll definitely be cheaper all you gotta do is shim it so it doesn't rattle around inside. all i'll have to do is use the utility disc to set it up.

So if I somehow get my hands on someone's utility disc, I can install any old hard drive into my PS2? Righteous!

- LZMF1 - 04-01-2004

PlasticMan Wrote:
Quote:i think i'll pick up another regular old 40 or 80 gig hard drive and pop it into my other PS2.....it'll definitely be cheaper all you gotta do is shim it so it doesn't rattle around inside. all i'll have to do is use the utility disc to set it up.

So if I somehow get my hands on someone's utility disc, I can install any old hard drive into my PS2? Righteous!
i'll let you know how it works out.....you need to have a BB adaptor too....they work in conjunction with each other

- Keyser Soze - 04-01-2004

how do i replace the HD in my tivo?