CDIH
Have O&A won in the end yet? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Have O&A won in the end yet? (/showthread.php?tid=9034)

Pages: 1 2 3

- The Sleeper - 06-03-2004

??

- HedCold - 06-03-2004

they are getting paid a lot to do nothing

- The Jays - 06-03-2004

not any more, their contract expired two days ago

- Danked - 06-03-2004

Yeah... in the rear end!

Ha ha!

- The Jays - 06-03-2004

bring on XM radio! yeah! the O & A army is getting ready to purchase subscriptions and radios THIS VERY MINUTE!

- Danked - 06-03-2004

Oh boy! I'm gonna dump out my change jar.

I've been saving up just for this, man.

- The Jays - 06-03-2004

they will come back to claim victory, and no one will be round to hear em.

- HedCold - 06-03-2004

The Jays Wrote:not any more, their contract expired two days ago
unless they pulled an mc hammer i doubt they're struggling to get by

- The Jays - 06-03-2004

well, you said they were getting paid alot to do nothing; I was stating that, now, they aren't getting paid

- HedCold - 06-03-2004

i know :thumbs-up:

- Jack - 06-03-2004

I imagine that on top of their contracts prohibiting them from getting back on the air, they no doubt also have no compete clauses written in that will now prohibit them from seeking another radio station for probably anywhere from 90 days to a year or more to air their show.

- HedCold - 06-03-2004

well, was the count down really just until the end of their contract, or was it until the end of the no complete clause?

- The Jays - 06-03-2004

if their contracts expired, doesnt that mean that any clauses included are meaningless?

- Jack - 06-03-2004

No, because the clause will usually state that the no compete is for x amount of time after the end of the contract.

99% of the time that it gets fought in court, the clauses get thrown out though.

- HedCold - 06-03-2004

Jack Wrote:No, because the clause will usually state that the no compete is for x amount of time after the end of the contract.
then technically, the contract didn't expire since it was part of the agreement. just the basics of them being called employees and the company paying them whatever is done with

it probably gets thrown out because its not worth it to the company to pay the legal fees to fight to protect

- Jack - 06-03-2004

My guess is that it gets thrown out because I would think it is wrong for a company to tell you that you cannot take a job with their competition after they no longer pay your salary.

- HedCold - 06-03-2004

but if they agreed to it isn't it their problem?

- The Jays - 06-03-2004

Jack Wrote:No, because the clause will usually state that the no compete is for x amount of time after the end of the contract.

99% of the time that it gets fought in court, the clauses get thrown out though.
it's doesnt even matter, the shit was two years ago; and if you've been to their site, you'd see they've been to XM headquarters already

- Jack - 06-03-2004

You would think that it would be.

I dunno the legal system so I can't really answer that.

- crx girl - 06-03-2004

i don't think so