CDIH
Just to be on the record - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Just to be on the record (/showthread.php?tid=9171)

- Galt - 07-16-2004

This is a big time gamble. I don't even know a ton about the company.

But, I bought September $7.50 calls for BEA Systems at a very low premium. Only $.30 a share.

Which means, if the stock is trading around $8 a share in late Sept, I make money (now trading under $6.50). .

Now, the stock has been crushed of late but...

It has an amazing amount of cash on hand,
they are reporting earnings in August (I think they'll be good for no other reason than IBMs was good)
4 analyst on the street downgraded then last time they reported earnings, and if they are good this time, there could be some upgrades which always pushes a stock up
There is an outside chance that Oracle may buy them because people were talking about it when BEAS was trading at $15 and now it's under $7.

If this stock is trading at $10 in the end of September I'll be a very happy man.

Also, my PMTR pick has done shitty, but they report on the 27th, and if it's good then the stock should finally move (but don't invest in it. It's a piece of shit.

Microsoft will be trading in the $29-31 range by the midle of next week.

I'm selling my CFC stock. No longer will I compare it to HDI, but it definitely outperformed HDI since Arp and I made our picks (there's still a good chance that CFC does well through earnings and up until it splits it's stock.

Finally, no one cares, I realize. I'm just publicizing this for my own sake.

Edited By Galt on 1090009402

- Arpikarhu - 07-16-2004

Quote:No longer will I compare it to HDI, but it definitely outperformed HDI since Arp and I made our picks

still with the revisionist history. we never made picks together as some form of competition. i touted HDI and you poo-pooed it. end of story. your inability to admit that you were wrong and your continuous lies and evasions on the matter are pathetic. give it a rest.

- Galt - 07-17-2004

I did not poo poo it. My post was that there were better value names. I mentioned CFC. Go read my post. Go post it here again for everyone to see.

And that's not the point. The point is that I'm going to make a 1000% return on my BEAS options.

Apprently coincidentally there was an inordinate amount of options traded today. There was one order of 25,000 contracts (2.5 million shares) at 1:00 for December $7.50s at around 1 o clock today, and I bought my pitiful 100 contracts at noon (which means that smart money follows me!).

Could be a sign that some insider trading is going on. Could also mean that I'm reaching for straws and making wild assumptions.

But BEAS has $1.5B in cash and a market cap of $2B. A fucking tech company! A fucking tech company that has carved out a very solid niche in the high-end space, and is not some pissant company with no clients and on the verge of bankruptcy. This thing might not rebound by Sept, but it's pretty fucking cheap right now.

- diceisgod - 07-17-2004

I'd rather watch ants than the stock market.

- Arpikarhu - 07-17-2004

Quote:Go post it here again for everyone to see.
you have mistaken me for your lackey keyser.

- GonzoStyle - 07-18-2004

dancing monkey > lackey

- Keyser Soze - 07-18-2004

i prefer lapdog

- Arpikarhu - 07-18-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:dancing monkey > lackey
if i start interchanging the use of them then no one will know if i am talking about keyser or galt.

- diceisgod - 07-18-2004

Ants are like little robots. It's so cool

- Galt - 07-20-2004

MSFT makes me so wet!

BEAS is climbing too!

Edited By Galt on 1090355565

- Galt - 10-07-2004

again: for the record:

I took a massive bath on BEAS. Lost every cent I invested. Of course, the day after my options expired, the stock started to run like a bitch. Up a $1 in couple weeks.

And HedCold has made me 25% on ABTG

- HedCold - 10-07-2004

:5:

- Keyser Soze - 10-07-2004

i made 400% on JKFC, and i still think its a good buy at its current price. they are getting contracts left and right.

- diceisgod - 10-09-2004

They say an ant the size of a human being could carry a volkswagon

- GonzoStyle - 10-09-2004

poo poo, hahahahaha.

- Galt - 10-19-2004

BEAS
July 16th: $6.63 (and $6.80 on the day of my edit)
Today: $8

Yet, I didn't make any money. I went with the real risky play of options, and they expired in September....worthless.

Now the stock has shot up like a rocket over the last month.

- The Jays - 10-19-2004

I invested in Ben Affleck on the Hollywood Stock Exchange and lost all my money. That's the extent of my stock expertise.