CDIH
Saved by the bell appreciation thread - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Saved by the bell appreciation thread (/showthread.php?tid=920)

Pages: 1 2

- IkeaBoy - 03-26-2002

I accidentally set my VCR to record "Saved by the Bell" this morning and I was lucky that the first episode on today at 7 am on TBS was the classic Tory episode where they have like one beer at a party and then crash the car. So give appreciation to this great show and its amazing cast of characters. Share SBTB memories.

I'm going to set my VCR to record this bastard daily.

- Galt - 03-26-2002

Tory sucked. She dragged the show down.

Best Saved By The Bell ever?

Jessie gets addicted to caffeine pills. Not only was the vastly under-played Saved By The Bell gang band feature prominently on this episode, but it also had one of best lines ever.

"I'm so excited!!"
"I'm so excited!!"
"I'm so.....scared!!" as Jessie weeps uncontrollably in Zach's room

- IkeaBoy - 03-26-2002

The problem with Tory was that she came in a non-chronological point in the series and replaced two of the more popular characters.

- Sephiroth - 03-26-2002

My personal favorite is the one where Mr. Belding's cooler, hipper, younger brother Rod comes to substitute for another teacher.

"Cmon Ritchie, she's a STEWARDESS!! You know what that means! (HINT HINT WINK WINK)"

- The Sleeper - 03-26-2002

There are just so many moments to choose from. I like the very special episodes a lot like the DWI and caffiene pills ones you mentioned. How about the one where Zach dates a handicapped girl who wants him to treat her like a regular teenage girl? Or the one where Zach and Slater get into a fist fight on the first day of Senior Year and then make up at the big Maxx Party? Or the one where movie star Johnny Dakota visits Bayside to do an Anti-Drug PSA, and the gang cathces him smoking pot at a party? Or the 2-parter with Jesse's brother? Or the one where they get fake IDs? Or the one where everyone thinks Slater is gonna die? Or the....you get the point.

- The Sleeper - 03-26-2002

Galt Wrote:Tory sucked. She dragged the show down.

Best Saved By The Bell ever?

Jessie gets addicted to caffeine pills. Not only was the vastly under-played Saved By The Bell gang band feature prominently on this episode, but it also had one of best lines ever.

"I'm so excited!!"
"I'm so excited!!"
"I'm so.....scared!!" as Jessie weeps uncontrollably in Zach's room
The actual line is "I'm so confused"

- Arthur Dent - 03-26-2002

Or the one where Screeches chemistry experiment explodes and cures his acne? And they sell it to everybody only to find out later it turns your face purple? So they convince everybody to paint their faces purple for the big game and get away with it?

Why did I watch that show? Oh yeah, Tiffany Amber Theason. :thumbs-up:

- Doc - 03-26-2002

The Sadie Hawkins Day dance where Zach tries to get some girl (sorry, mental block is tough to get though) to go with him by making her listen to a subliminal message. The other's find out and make it so the whole school hears it.

I also will never forget the line that Screech said when Mr. Belding's brother showed up at school: You mean there's two Beldings in one building, one of whom is balding?

- Metalfan - 03-26-2002

Elizabeth Berkeley grew up to be a nice little whore, now didn't she? :burnfucker:

Oh, and the subliminal message was for Kelly Kapowski (Tiffani-Amber, of course)

The one who played Stacy Carossi, from that stupid summer beach club thing....isn't she the one on "King of Queens" now as the wife?

- Banana_juice - 03-26-2002

Quote:The one who played Stacy Carossi, from that stupid summer beach club thing....isn't she the one on "King of Queens" now as the wife?

yes, her name is leah remini..

there are so many classic episodes from the show. how about the one where kelly couldnt afford a prom dress, so zach sets up his own little prom for the both of them outside of the school.

- Galt - 03-26-2002

why did they stop the Zack Morris patented "time outs" where he would stop and talk to the camera?

They definately didn't use that enough.

Zach's cell phone was fucking sweet.

- Metalfan - 03-26-2002

Galt Wrote:Zach's cell phone was fucking sweet.
It looked like one of those military phones in movies depicting Vietnam I think....LOL.

I loved it when they trashed Belding's Miata (although not yellow) and tried to repair it before he found out......that's some fine humor there.

- Danked - 03-26-2002

Remember how he was trying to communicate with his dad, but his dad was always too busy with work and even when they were in the same room together, Zack couldn't get a word in because his dad's phone was always ringing when he tried to talk so Zack had to call him up and say "This is the only way I could talk to you." That was funny.

- Metalfan - 03-26-2002

Danked Wrote:Remember how he was trying to communicate with his dad, but his dad was always too busy with work and even when they were in the same room together, Zack couldn't get a word in because his dad's phone was always ringing when he tried to talk so Zack had to call him up and say "This is the only way I could talk to you." That was funny.
dysfunctional family humor = always funney :bouncer: :drool:

- Spitfire - 03-26-2002

I have to go with Galt's choice of the caffeine-pill episode, and the subliminal message one, also the one where they have to sell Lisa's clothes because she ran up too many credit cards, the one where they try to throw the surprise party for Screech in Belding's office but Screech is a hall monitor that keeps trying to stop them....I think I've seen every episode of the show

The New Class and the middle school years sucked...

- Metalfan - 03-26-2002

How could you not like the the Screech Spaghetti sauce episode....come on, that was classic :fuggin:

- Danked - 03-26-2002

Oh Danny Boy...
The bugs, the bugs are calling...
(Something Something)...
(Something Something Something)...
And there'll be bugs for breakfast, lunch, & dinner...
In that great mosquito banquet in the sky...

Anyone that remembers the real words gets a free status change! :thumbs-up:

- Spitfire - 03-26-2002

:roflmao:
Quote:The bugs, the bugs are calling...
(Something Something)...
The gnats and ants,
Mosquitos, snakes(?) and flies Confuseduicide:

Edit- hey, I can change my own status :p

what about the Girls of Bayside dating video?

<font color=white>

Edited By Spitfire on Mar. 26 2002 at 10:12

- Metalfan - 03-26-2002

Spitfire Wrote::roflmao:
Quote:The bugs, the bugs are calling...
(Something Something)...
The gnats and ants,
Mosquitos, snakes(?) and flies Confuseduicide:

Edit- hey, I can change my own status :p

what about the Girls of Bayside dating video?

<font color=white>
Hey, no fair!!!

And didn't everyone's high school have such a great malt shop to hang out at? :punch: :burnfucker: :dead: :disappointed:

- Banana_juice - 03-26-2002

Quote:And didn't everyone's high school have such a great malt shop to hang out at?

the MAXX was the shit, yo..

i liked the episode with the big wrestling match between slater and needick from the other school.. very dramatic.