CDIH
David raab - Ok, you guys don't know who he is, - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: David raab - Ok, you guys don't know who he is, (/showthread.php?tid=921)

- crx girl - 03-26-2002

but, i'm doing my part to immortalize him.
he was a coworker of mine this past summer and a great artist. he lived with aids (yes, you may go ahead and post some jokes, i'm sure he would've laught at them too) for the last 15 years or so. unfortunately, he died of a heart attack last week. You may know his daughter ellie from such films as the fabulous baker boys and the ref. well, i'm happy to say she's dealing with this very well, probably better than i am myself.

anyway, the point is, a good friend of mine passed away last week and i didn't know how to talk about it, but i can honestly say, i never knew anyone who lived life to the fullest the way he did.

you may go ahead and make your gay jokes, i'm sure he appreciates them, he really does, he laughed at everything. but he's gone now, i just want you all to know his name, david raab, he was brilliant. and just in case i was seeming a little distant to anyone this past week or for the next few to come, now you know why.

- OAS - 03-26-2002

Hey CRX, sorry to hear that. No gay jokes comming here. There is a time and a place. The best way to deal with it is to remember the good times, just like you're doing here.

Cheer up kido.

- Galt - 03-26-2002

Obviously it sucks that he died, but one thing that I noticed was that he didn't die from pnemonia or another immune deficiency disease. The heart was probably weaker due to his illness, but it's wierd that you don't really hear much about people actually dying from AIDS anymore.

People live with HIV for 15-20 years, shit Magic's had it for at least 10 and he's still playing basketball and he's gained about 100 pounds. I thought it was supposed to make you wither away. I think the loss to his T-thingies is nominal too. Maybe he's just superman

Back when everyone started hearing about it in the 80s, it was like, you get it and your dead in a couple years. Now, everyone just hangs out with poison swimming through their veins and show very few if any ill effects.

Fucking medicine.

- Spitfire - 03-26-2002

It's hard to lose a close friend, friends are my family. Sorry for your loss crx...I'd like to see some of his artwork

Edited By Spitfire on Mar. 26 2002 at 10:14

- Ken'sPen - 03-26-2002

People do live so long with it these days.
That is why I don't think throwing a bucket of aids on someone is a very clever remark.

wouldn't you agree Galt.

- LZMF1 - 03-26-2002

crx how sad and unfortunate, my condolences.

- Galt - 03-26-2002

Ken'sPen Wrote:People do live so long with it these days.
That is why I don't think throwing a bucket of aids on someone is a very clever remark.

wouldn't you agree Galt.
Yes Captain Memory, I would agree.

Edited By Galt on Mar. 26 2002 at 10:25

- Hey Ladi - 03-26-2002

OAS Wrote:The best way to deal with it is to remember the good times, just like you're doing here.
I'm sorry for your loss. may his memory live on in his art and in your heart.