CDIH
if you had any reservations left on Bush's genius - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: if you had any reservations left on Bush's genius (/showthread.php?tid=9226)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- GonzoStyle - 08-05-2004

Quote:WASHINGTON - President Bush offered up a new entry for his catalog of "Bushisms" on Thursday, declaring that his administration will "never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people."

Bush misspoke as he delivered a speech at the signing ceremony for a $417 billion defense spending bill.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

No one in Bush's audience of military brass or Pentagon chiefs reacted.

he may have mispoke but he didn't lie this time cause it's true, it was a freudian slip if anything.

- Galt - 08-05-2004

Much like arpi's BS quote, I won't believe it until I see a real link.

- Velociti - 08-05-2004

stupidest 'bushism' ever. This just goes to show how far the liberals have to reach to get material

- Sir O - 08-05-2004

Galt Wrote:Much like arpi's BS quote, I won't believe it until I see a real link.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5613296/">http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5613296/</a><!-- m -->

- crx girl - 08-05-2004

Quote:White House spokesman Scott McClellan said Bush’s misstatement “just shows even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak.”

“But the American people know this president speaks with clarity and conviction,
and the terrorists know by his actions he means it,” McClellan said.
that's exactly the description i associate with george.

- Black Lazerus - 08-05-2004

Velociti Wrote:stupidest 'bushism' ever. This just goes to show how far the liberals have to reach to get material
exactly how is that reaching for material?

If you want to here his idiot speak (bush I mean) Click here
They have audio, sources and everything.

- Galt - 08-05-2004

I think he means "reaching" because it's pretty obvious what he's saying. The terrorists are constanting thinking of ways they can harm us, and at the same time, his administration is thinking of ways the terrorists may harm us, and so we may prepare against it.

I understand that but it's more of a reach to realize that is what he meant.

- Galt - 08-05-2004

Come on. There's no question he's not a good speaker, but what he said makes sense. If anyone else said it, people wouldn't have thought twice about it.

That is the point, his speeches should be curtailed so that there is no question about what he says.

- Keyser Soze - 08-05-2004

jesus christ why are people defending this idiot? why is such a moron running our country?

- Sir O - 08-05-2004

Galt Wrote:Come on. There's no question he's not a good speaker, but what he said makes sense. If anyone else said it, people wouldn't have thought twice about it.
Hey, Al Gore said he invented the internet and nobody called him on it. Watch Bush get buried for one little slip-up by an overwhelming wave of librulmediabias!

- Keyser Soze - 08-05-2004

yeah the liberal media bias. what do you call Fox News, Rush, Hannity, and the Daily News? theres a media bias on both sides.

I suppose the people who defend Bush, voted for him. I guess they need to make sense of why they voted for him and are going to vote for him again.

- Sir O - 08-05-2004

"The vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."
-- Dubya, Oct. 27, 2003

See, without the tax relief package, there would have been a deficit, but there wouldn't have been the comm -- commiserate -- the, the, the, the, not commiserate -- the, the, the -- kick to our economy that occurred as a result of the tax relief.

commiserate

- Galt - 08-05-2004

Sir O Wrote:
Galt Wrote:Come on. There's no question he's not a good speaker, but what he said makes sense. If anyone else said it, people wouldn't have thought twice about it.
Hey, Al Gore said he invented the internet and nobody called him on it. Watch Bush get buried for one little slip-up by an overwhelming wave of librulmediabias!
Actually Al Gore never said he invented the Internet.

I'm not saying that there's some specific political bias to get him. But there is a bias. The bias is that he's an idiot. So that's what gets played up, and reinforces the position. Just like when Clinton was in office, he was branded a liar/cheat. That was the bias against him (aka the republican attack machine), Al Gore lacking any personality, etc etc etc. It's not specifically political, it's just that the political media just stirs up shit.

All news stories, pictures, headlines, whatever always reinforce the already stated media opinion of the politico.

Had Clinton said the phrase this way, it never would have been discussed.

But the media decides what little minute aspect of the person to key in on and complain about and mock him. The political media just sucks. They suck because people are stupid. And if the press actually discussed the issues in an unbiased and factual (read: boring) way, no one would watch. So they have to be retards about it.

And to set things straight, I'm not voting for George Bush.

Edited By Galt on 1091742446

- Galt - 08-05-2004

Sir O Wrote:"The vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."
-- Dubya, Oct. 27, 2003
nothing like taking a quote out of context. Gee, I wonder if prior to that first sentence he was discussing terrorists in that country.

- HedCold - 08-05-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:yeah the liberal media bias. what do you call Fox News, Rush, Hannity, and the Daily News? theres a media bias on both sides.
don't forget the ny post

- The Sleeper - 08-05-2004

I can't believe Galt actually is defending Bush on this