CDIH
HBO: Entourage - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: HBO: Entourage (/showthread.php?tid=9344)

Pages: 1 2

- Kid Afrika - 09-09-2004

Am I the only idiot that watches this show?

Personally, I think Mark Wahlberg (yes, Marky Mark) hit a good niche with this show. He made a fictional show about what it's like to be an actor, what it's like to have money beyond what anyone would ever dream to have and to have your friends there to enjoy it with you.

GREAT SHOW!!!

Jeremy Piven is insane as the agent.

Turtle is one of the most refreshing characters on a TV series today.

Kevin Dillon as "Johnny Drama" plays a great psycho.

And the kid from "Happily Ever After..." is really growing into the hollywood manager that one would expect.

Plus, how can you doubt a show that has Val Kilmer playing an ex-shirpa(sp?) now pot farmer? "We're not getting 'fucked down'..."

Excellent show. If you're not watching it, I hope Laz steals your TV.

- HedCold - 09-09-2004

was it on this week? ali g was on at 10 for some reason, and i didn't feel like finding out why

the only thing i don't like is it moves to slow for only a half hour show. i feel like its going to be on for an hour because of the slow pace, and then it just ends.

It was not on this week. Should be on next week though.

I agree with the slow moving part. There's a lot of character development for characters that won't last.

Every week, I wind up wishing it were an hour show. But, that's probably a tactic to keep us mindless viewers watching week after week. The most frustrating part of that is the fact that it's not really a serial drama. You can pretty much watch any episode and catch the drift.

- HedCold - 09-09-2004

Quote:But, that's probably a tactic to keep us mindless viewers watching week after week.

i figured thats why too, but its kind of annoying. and only 8 episodes? i guess they wanted to make sure it was worth making more, but 8 episodes x 22 minutes isn't that long for one season

- drusilla - 09-09-2004

i love this show.

jeremy piven is amazing as ari.

- Galt - 09-09-2004

It wasn't on last week because nobody watches TV on Labor Day weekend.
The finale is on Sunday. The season's over and NOW you're commenting about the show?
Turtle is fucking annoying. I hate him. The only good thing is how he calls Johnny Drama, Fredo.
The two main guys (Vince, and Eric) are good characters, the other guys get under my skin.
The season has gotten better as it's gone alone. The first couple episodes were weak, but since it was on before Ali G, I just watched it.

- Rooner - 09-09-2004

It should definitely be an hour show. Anyone feel like the show itself is more about E than Vince?

They've re-upped for a second season. Who knows when that'll air though...

I think the show only seems like it's about E because he's an interesting and well-developed character.

- Rooner - 09-09-2004

Im jealous of those guys.

- Galt - 09-09-2004

they got to touch Jessica Alba

- Rooner - 09-09-2004

Bastards

- GonzoStyle - 09-09-2004

I don't like the show too much, i watch it cause its on after six feet under and before ali g. I enjoy the music in it tho.

- Keyser Soze - 09-09-2004

the only good thing about the show is jeremy piven, he plays an excellent prick agent. turtle is the most annoying person on television. the show is decent but sometimes seems like its trying way too hard to be cool or hip.

That's just because you're too cool for the room.

I don't understand why you guys hate Turtle so much, the guy is funny.

I thought it was great in the episode where they bought the Phantom and those chicks pulled up an thought they recognized Drama...

"You look familar. Where do I know you from?" - The chicks

"...you watch Cinemax at 5 AM?" - Turtle.

C'mon, that's some funny shit.

- Keyser Soze - 09-09-2004

he has some funny lines but most of the time he comes off as a douchebag, and not the good ari type of doucebag. the unfunny, obnoxious type.

E comes off as a huge pussy.

- Galt - 09-09-2004

E is my twin I've been told.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 09-09-2004

turtle is probably the worst character ever.

But what is bad about him? And saying he's a douchebag really doesn't tell us much.

- HedCold - 09-10-2004

i like turtle

- crack hitler - 09-10-2004

i don't think i am going to like this show, but i am going to give it a shot. but i am only just looking for things to occupy me till new deadwoods