CDIH
Week 4 - philosophy - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Week 4 - philosophy (/showthread.php?tid=9437)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Bloody Anus - 10-03-2004

Jacksonville +3.5 I need to remain consistently on this bandwagon as long as they're getting points - regardless of who they're playing. Fred Taylor ran all over Indy last year and needs to have a huge game today to keep Manning on the sidelines. Their defense will keep them in it, now they need to start scoring some points especially against this mediocre defense.

Carolina -3.5 Atlanta is the most overrated team in football, period. This is the first decent defense they're facing this season. Atlanta has been surprisingly good this year against the run but hasn't faced anybody with the explosiveness of Foster. Atlanta can open up a big lead in the division with a win, with home games vs. Det and SD coming up while Carolina is at Den and Phi. I hate taking Carolina when they're giving points, but this is a huge game for them, and coming off the bye week they will play like it.

Denver -3.5 John Shoop is the worst offensive coordinator in football. He was the offensive coordinator last year for a Bears team that would consistently run screen passes on big 3rd and longs, then throw a 5-yard out on 3rd and 6 and punt, and run QB options with Kordell (on consecutive plays no less). Granted he's never had any decent personnel, but Tampa is the most pathetic excuse for an offense this season and until somebody steps up and shows some kind of playmaking ability, I will be all over these low spreads. They still have a decent defense, but Oakland ran all over them last week, and Denver should do the same. Griffin hasn't done shit against anyone other than KC, but I look for them to get Hearst, Bell, and Droughns all involved, setting up some play action to Lelie. Denver has a very good well-balaned defense and should dominate.

KC/Bal over 41.5. There are a ton of relatively low over/unders this week but I like this one. Regardless of how much KC's passing game has struggled, they're still going to get their points. Even against a Baltimore D I see them getting in the end zone a couple of times, plus a FG or 2. I'm not a big Dante Hall fan, but him breaking some kind of return would be huge. Especially because he should see plenty of kickoff returns after Jamal scores 3 TD's and the defense at least contributes to another 1. I see this game staying under most of the way, but a couple late Lewis TD's will seal it.
I rarely take any Monday night games, but there's not going to be any baseball on Monday so I'll need something to keep me interested. Hopefully this game will end up meaning something...

- diceisgod - 10-03-2004

Degenerate

- Galt - 10-03-2004

loser

- Bloody Anus - 10-03-2004

I've basically been spending money every week to watch football. It's fun, I highly recommend it.

- The Sleeper - 10-04-2004

wow you got shutout!

- Bloody Anus - 11-07-2004

no, KC/Bal went over so I went 1/4.

But that was then. This is my week, I can feel it!!

[Image: week9.jpg]

- diceisgod - 11-07-2004

You're obviously not as smart as everyone seems to think you are.

- Bloody Anus - 11-08-2004

You're just realizing this now? I could have told you this years ago.

- Galt - 11-08-2004

you're halfway there! I say the one you will lose is the over/under on the Indy game.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 11-08-2004

Depends if Moss plays or not.

- Galt - 11-08-2004

Moss is out. No question.

- The Sleeper - 11-08-2004

that's a really high number to go over

- The Sleeper - 11-08-2004

I'll paypal you money to place one of these for me next week

- Galt - 11-09-2004

Too bad the Colts settled for that field goal!

- Bloody Anus - 11-09-2004

YEAH TOO BAD, HUH!!!

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa fuck me

- Bloody Anus - 11-09-2004

Yeah, I'll take paypal bets, assuming I get 5% if you win. It's the only chance I have of winning anything in this fuckign city. Of course, any chnce you have of winning will be shot when I touch your ticket. I am officially parlay poison. Cursed!

- The Sleeper - 11-09-2004

word, gimme your paypal address and we can do business

- Galt - 11-09-2004

I'll take 4% if you win

- The Sleeper - 11-09-2004

no

- Galt - 11-09-2004

it's called capitalism! Lower price wins. Efficient markets and all. Cumstain. Give me your business.