CDIH
What would you do? - make my real life decision - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: What would you do? - make my real life decision (/showthread.php?tid=9782)

Pages: 1 2

- diceisgod - 12-22-2004

I am in the Superbowl for my fantasy football league next week. The loser is guaranteed $700 and the winner $1400. Before I post the line ups (which are somewhat evenly matched anyway, even though I think my team is better), consider this: Would you split the total winnings with the other person? Both of us would walk away with a little over a grand. Or would you play it out and leave it to chance? I will let you people make my mind up.

Vote and pontificate.

- Mad - 12-22-2004

A thousand sure beats seven hundred.

- Galt - 12-22-2004

pussy.

- The Sleeper - 12-22-2004

you have to be shitting me

- Mad - 12-22-2004

Galt Wrote:pussy.
Coke or pussy, that is the question.

- HedCold - 12-22-2004

woman

are you the guy that always stays on 16 and is afraid to double down even when you have an 11 and the dealer has a 6?

- HedCold - 12-22-2004

he's the one who takes even money on a blackjack when the dealer shows an Ace

- Galt - 12-22-2004

what's the point of playing for money at all if you're even going to consider throwing in the towel come championship weekend?

And if memory serves, you have Tomlinson, and the Culpepper/Moss combo.

Please remove your one remaining ball.

- Bloody Anus - 12-22-2004

Why would the championship loser even get anything, much less A THIRD of the winnings? I can see giving something back to the team with the best regular season record (assuming they don't win the superbowl as well), but if I pay that much money to join a league and end up winning it all, why should the team I beat get a large portion of MY winnings? Total faggotry.

- diceisgod - 12-22-2004

There's good dialog, good flow here...

- Keyser Soze - 12-22-2004

i was given the same offer in my money league. i turned around and told him i want to make it winner take all, loser gets nothing. i'm also 23 pts away from overtaking the overall pts lead, which is worth an extra $150. Winner gets $750, loser gets $300, i've already won $100 for securing a spot in the playoffs. I didn't win my division though which was worth $400. I was the last seed in the playoffs, I made a late season surge after making some fantastic trades along with picking up Mushin Muhammad just before he took off.

- Mad - 12-22-2004

This is exactly why I never bet on sports, I will almost always lose.

Mushin has been my savior in the CDIH league. We should all talk about that league cause I am in the finals.

- diceisgod - 12-24-2004

Ok, so it's on. We're gonna play it out. Here's the matchup:

Me: Culpepper, Tomlinson, Dunn, Moss, Kennison, Mason, McMichael, Carney, Pitt
Him: Manning, C. Martin, Dillon, Muhammad, Kennison, Keyshaun, Gonzalas, Kasay, Washington

Hopefully, Manning won't see much time since Indy has things pretty wrapped up. The Vikings are playing for their lives so I need big things which is very possible against an atrocious GB defense.

- Gooch - 12-24-2004

you have a real good shot..but could go either way. thats a pretty even match up. i give the edge to you if manning doesn't play 4 quarters

- Bloody Anus - 12-24-2004

Why wouldn't Manning play? They haven't wrapped anything up; they still can (mathematically at least) get a 1st round bye should NE somehow lose their next 2 and Ind wins out - same for SD. At the very least this game will decide who the #3 and 4 seeds are, so there's no way he's not playing the whole game.

I see the difference maker being Dunn. He should see the ball a lot with Vick out. New Orleans' defense has been playing a lot better lately though and this is a playoff game for them.

Gonzalez is his only guy going up against a soft defense, while pretty much your entire roster is vs. soft defenses. Who's really got Kennison though?

- diceisgod - 12-24-2004

We both have Kennison. The Superbowl is played by the best two teams in two different divisions who had their own draft. There are 20 teams total.

I need about two or three more Culpepper-Moss connections to ice this bitch. WOOOOOOOOOOO!

And Manning might not play the whole game if they get up big early. If they are smart they won't run the risk of him getting hurt and ruin their season. Hopefully that little digger Nunn will have a huge game and Duckett will die on the field.

- Galt - 12-24-2004

Dungy was having Manning throw into the endzone when Indy was up by 30 late in the 4th quarter. They're not going to sit him for any reason. Even when he breaks Marino's record, they're going to shoot for 60 TDs

- diceisgod - 12-25-2004

So far I'm up 34-0. Moss should not wind up with only three catches in a game. Get him off the fucking field if he's not healthy.

A couple of interesting games today. It's Mason vs. Gonzo. I hope Bennett doesn't hog all the grabs again. I think Mason is so over due to explode. He's had some solid games but today is freak day. But of course, Gonzales can blow up and hurt me pretty good.