CDIH
Hey Gonzo (re: jack johnson documentary) - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Hey Gonzo (re: jack johnson documentary) (/showthread.php?tid=9964)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Keyser Soze - 01-20-2005

you are seriously 5 feet tall?

- Arpikarhu - 01-20-2005

Quote:I still say Hagler beat Ray Leonard.

the final proof that all you know about boxing is what comes out of merchant's mouth.

- GonzoStyle - 01-20-2005

Arpikarhu Wrote:

the final proof that all you know about boxing is what comes out of merchant's mouth.
You are now just being silly, you are just going against me for the hell of it, you know Hagler won that fight. Leonard's little flurries at the end of rounds looked pretty but that was about it.

- The Sleeper - 01-20-2005

so....Jack Johnson loved hookers...

who doesn't!!!

- Arpikarhu - 01-20-2005

Gonzo Wrote:
Arpikarhu Wrote:

You are now just being silly, you are just going against me for the hell of it, you know Hagler won that fight. Leonard's little flurries at the end of rounds looked pretty but that was about it.
i knew you would think hagler won the fight. all people who dont know shit about boxing thinks he won the fight. hagler was certainly the better fighter at the time. he also landed the heavier shots in the fight. but if you watch it, leonard makes him miss so many times that hagler looked inneffectual and frustrated. plus, leonard outpointed him the entire fight. for an old fighter, in a weight class where he didnt belong, against a better and harder hitting opponent, leonard fought the perfect fight and outpointed hagler.
leonard didnt fight the slugfest that:
1.you wanted to see
2. hagler wanted to see
instead he danced, he moved, he jabbed, and he scored points.
leonard won.

- Rooner - 01-20-2005

Gonzo Wrote:
Rooner Wrote:I was just about to compare the Gatti/Ward fights to our generations Hagler/Hearns or Leonard/Hearns. They are the epitome of what boxing is. Each man giving and taking the best the other fighter has to offer and coming back for more. If half the fighters today had HALF the heart of those two guys, boxing would be a much more entertaining sport to watch.
In style yes but neither gatti, ward or even hearns could hold Haglers jock. I still say Hagler beat Ray Leonard.
Oh, I meant purely in style, Gatti nor Ward have near the skill of Hearn, Hagler or Leonard. Besides De La Hoya, Jones Jr, and maybe Mayweather, there arent many fighters since those guys with near their skill level.

Yes Goat, I bought it 5 years ago for $500 bucks when my car died and I promised myself I wont get something new till it dies. Ive bought wifey two cars in that time, but the fucking thing wont die. I purposely skip oil changes, drive it like I stole it, and it just keeps going.

No Keyser, Im 5' 6", close to 5'. Those 6" mean alot to my Napoleon complex.

Gonzo, Hagler did the most damage, but Leonard landed more punches. Plus, his comeback at the end of the fight surely swayed any judge that was on the fence.

Arpi just proved how clueless he is, it's pathetic.

- Arpikarhu - 01-20-2005

Gonzo Wrote:Arpi just proved how clueless he is, it's pathetic.
wow, you really counter pointed that well. guess you showed me. how could i have been so dumb?

I'm done with you.

- Rooner - 01-20-2005

Wow, inneffectual is an actual word. How odd. It doesnt roll off the tongue well.

- Arpikarhu - 01-20-2005

Gonzo Wrote:I'm done with you.
beaten, gonzo takes his ball and goes home.

I'm just playing by your rules, feeling no need to explain myself or my opinion, it works for you.

- Arpikarhu - 01-20-2005

Gonzo Wrote:I'm just playing by your rules, feeling no need to explain myself or my opinion, it works for you.
wouldnt this count as explaining yourself?
plus didnt i just give a detailed explanation of why i thought leonard won the fight?
make sense, fool.

Edited By Arpikarhu on 1106254793

Wasn't explaining the subject at hand.

- Arpikarhu - 01-20-2005

Gonzo Wrote:Wasn't explaining the subject at hand.
wouldnt this also be explaining yourself?

Not really, no.

- Arpikarhu - 01-20-2005

i disagree. face it, i made a valid argument as to why leonard won the fight, even your new butt boy agrees . you have no counter-point, and now you are getting all whiny.

i never thought i would see this day. for shame.

Tell me when I said I found a technical fight boring and I will then argue my point.

- Arpikarhu - 01-20-2005

i explained that already. read the thread.