YourMomsBox!
All-gay school... - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topical (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: All-gay school... (/showthread.php?tid=957)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

All-gay school... - FollowThisLogic - 07-31-2003

420, the point is that you're not only agreeing with, but encouraging the setting of a dangerous precedent. Yeah, it's one gay school now.... then more pop up... then black schools.... then every-fucking-body else who wants a school makes one, and sooner or later you've got 10 drinking fountains next to each other in the park, all for their own race, and we're living in the 50s, but worse.

I don't have the answers for ending racism and crap - if anyone did, they'd probably share it - but I can certainly point out what definitely is not working, and will never work.

All-gay school... - Toronto Hottie - 07-31-2003

*SLAP* MAINTAIN FOCUS BRAIN.

I never once said there weren't distinctions in the cultures, and I don't give a flying rat's yambag what anyone's trying to do with any culture.

We also have Italian sections, a "Chinatown", Jamaican areas, Greek infestations, FRENCH dungheaps. Neither here nor there.

These cultures aren't a repressed society or race. You're throwing apples into orange juice.

POINT: GAY PEOPLE, WHO ARE FINALLY BEING ACCEPTED, ACKNOWLEDGED, BENT OVER BACKWARDS (all pun intended) TO BE ENCOMPASSED AS EQUAL WITHIN SOCIETY - have decided with their shiney new rights to open a school just for themselves, publicly paid for.

HELLO?

All-gay school... - Mrs. Moosen - 07-31-2003

Quote:Here's a good analogy: picture a cake mix. You throw in the powder, a couple eggs, milk, sugar, hell even some chocolate, and you stir and blend it until all the indivdual ingredients are indistinguishable from each other. That is the ideal.

What this country so badly wants to do is blend all the ingredients together, but still let you identify where the eggs are, and the milk, and chocolate, and sugar, and that is simply not feasible

Sure it is... It's called a tossed salad. In my opinion, that's a better analogy for the American society than the great "melting pot" that everyone is always toting. The problem with salads though is that no everyone likes onions...

How's that for an analogy Brain??

All-gay school... - The Brain - 07-31-2003

I was on point. I just took a roundabout way to it.

Women fought to get rights equal to men. They saw the exclusive men's clubs, the all-boys networks, etc.

When they finally got equal legal footing, they turned around and created women's only groups, and movements designed to further the interests of women, to the exclusion (obviously) of men.

Blacks fought to get equality, to be treated the same as whites. To sit in the same restaurants, drink from the same fountains, attend the same schools.

Then they turned around, and formed groups, stores, businesses, schools, designed primarily to cater the interests of blacks, mostly to the exclusion of everyone else.

Every group that comes along wants to be "part of the mainstream", but never to the point where their culture or way of life is absorbed to the point of not being theirs anymore.

This gay school is just another example.

EDIT:
Quote:I never once said there weren't distinctions in the cultures, and I don't give a flying rat's yambag what anyone's trying to do with any culture.

We also have Italian sections, a \"Chinatown\", Jamaican areas, Greek infestations, FRENCH dungheaps. Neither here nor there.
Then you may have missed the whole reason why this school is being formed. As they get accepted, they don't want their gayness to be just another "quirk" in the great American culture.

Would some Star Trek expert care to use a "Borg" analogy, to show how assimilation and sameness are not something easily acceptable in human society?

All-gay school... - Rooner - 07-31-2003

Quote:Originally posted by The Brain
I was on point. I just took a roundabout way to it.

Women fought to get rights equal to men. They saw the exclusive men's clubs, the all-boys networks, etc.

When they finally got equal legal footing, they turned around and created women's only groups, and movements designed to further the interests of women, to the exclusion (obviously) of men.

Blacks fought to get equality, to be treated the same as whites. To sit in the same restaurants, drink from the same fountains, attend the same schools.

Then they turned around, and formed groups, stores, businesses, schools, designed primarily to cater the interests of blacks, mostly to the exclusion of everyone else.

Every group that comes along wants to be \"part of the mainstream\", but never to the point where their culture or way of life is absorbed to the point of not being theirs anymore.

This gay school is just another example.

So basically, they all want their cake AND to eat it too. Fucking people, never happy I tell ya.

All-gay school... - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-31-2003

Quote:Originally posted by FollowThisLogic
420, the point is that you're not only agreeing with, but encouraging the setting of a dangerous precedent. Yeah, it's one gay school now.... then more pop up... then black schools.... then every-fucking-body else who wants a school makes one, and sooner or later you've got 10 drinking fountains next to each other in the park, all for their own race, and we're living in the 50s, but worse.

:wow:

are you SURE about that FTL?

I really doubt it would steamroll into such a scenario.

Rooner - who doesn't want to have thier cake AND eat it as well?

Hottie - See what Brain interjected with. Wink

Brain - :Confusedwooning:: you are my hero. :kiss:

Excellent point (credit to you as well, Mrs. Moosen) regarding our need to be a part of this "melting pot / tossed salad" but yet not relinquish our individual / group identities. Its a conundrum of desires but that is indeed the case.

All-gay school... - Sloats - 07-31-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Toronto Hottie
*SLAP* MAINTAIN FOCUS BRAIN.

I never once said there weren't distinctions in the cultures, and I don't give a flying rat's yambag what anyone's trying to do with any culture.

We also have Italian sections, a \"Chinatown\", Jamaican areas, Greek infestations, FRENCH dungheaps. Neither here nor there.

These cultures aren't a repressed society or race. You're throwing apples into orange juice.

POINT: GAY PEOPLE, WHO ARE FINALLY BEING ACCEPTED, ACKNOWLEDGED, BENT OVER BACKWARDS (all pun intended) TO BE ENCOMPASSED AS EQUAL WITHIN SOCIETY - have decided with their shiney new rights to open a school just for themselves, publicly paid for.

HELLO?

The only people who are disparaged in Canada are the le Quebecoius (the French) and that is because the have rallied themselves around a commonality and decided to separate themselves from Canada at large and demand special treatment: All signs much be in French for example.

All-gay school... - Toronto Hottie - 07-31-2003

May I suggest you avoid Scarborough with that theory should you visit?

But EXACTLY my point.

Now I'm bored of this topic, so let's summarize:

I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG, I'M BIG, YOU'RE SMALL, I'M SMART YOU'RE DUMB.

Big Grin

All-gay school... - FollowThisLogic - 07-31-2003

It was an exaggeration, 420, but the point is that the precedent you set allows others to follow it.

All-gay school... - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-31-2003

Quote:Originally posted by FollowThisLogic
It was an exaggeration, 420, but the point is that the precedent you set allows others to follow it.

well, rest assured for I won't be running for office anytime soon, ok?

Wink Tongue