YourMomsBox!
Nintendo, please listen to me here...please. - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: G-Spot (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Nintendo, please listen to me here...please. (/showthread.php?tid=1635)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Nintendo, please listen to me here...please. - 60FeetUnderWater - 10-02-2003

I thought that setting sun was one of the coolest looking things in a game during that time.

and that last guy, fuck him. I could NEVER beat him. It seemed no matter what I did, nothing affected him.

Nintendo, please listen to me here...please. - Jimbo - 10-02-2003

I've been thinking about getting a gamecube because of the recent price drop. I haven't had a gaming system in a looooong time but I'm dying to get one for my big screen TV. But, I'm thinking it may be more prudent to wait until PS2 or XBOX prices come down since I've heard they have games that can output in HDTV(720p) and enhanced quality(480p) and widescreen(which my TV is) and online play which Nintendo doesn't offer. Any thoughts?

Nintendo, please listen to me here...please. - Keyser Soze - 10-02-2003

there will never be a cross platform until one of those companies dies and gets gobbeled up by the other.

Nintendo, please listen to me here...please. - 60FeetUnderWater - 10-02-2003

Jimbo, it all comes down to the games. Take a look at the gaming libraries for each system and then decide.

If you "need" GTA 3 then, you need to have a PS2.

If you "need" Halo, then you need to get an XBOX...

I needed to get Metroid, and Zelda and F-Zero and Star Wars Rogue Squadron...thus then, I needed a Gamecube.

Then, I played Socom at my friends house...online...

Now, I need a PS2.

Nintendo, please listen to me here...please. - Jimbo - 10-02-2003

I'm mainly into sports games so the amount or lackthereof of games wouldn't really affect me to a large extent. I mean I wouldn't mind having Zelda but I could live without.

After posting before I did a little browsing and found out that Gamecube DOES support 16:9 and at least 480 progressive scan. Not high-definition, even though everyone tries to sell it that it is, but what could you expect from the price?

edit: yes i'm an idiot. i actually found that there is a broadband adapter for the gc even though about 12 articles that i read said it did not. seems that there still is a lack of line games but that's okay. the gc is looking good in my mind now, since it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Nintendo, please listen to me here...please. - Jimbo - 10-10-2003

just wanted to update this:
made a decision and bought an xbox.
it rocks.
if anyone wants to play espn football or this star wars clone wars game on xbox live, bring it.

Nintendo, please listen to me here...please. - QuickStop - 10-10-2003

Everyone's so excited about socom 2, but seriously...when compared to the PC FPSs, it doesn't hold up at all. If someone was playing a first person shooter with a controller against someone with a keyboard/mouse, the keyboard/mouse person would destroy them no matter what, because the accuracy is unmatched. I don't understand at all why people play FPSs or RTSs on consoles.

Nintendo, please listen to me here...please. - Rooner - 10-10-2003

Quote:Originally posted by QuickStop
Everyone's so excited about socom 2, but seriously...when compared to the PC FPSs, it doesn't hold up at all. If someone was playing a first person shooter with a controller against someone with a keyboard/mouse, the keyboard/mouse person would destroy them no matter what, because the accuracy is unmatched. I don't understand at all why people play FPSs or RTSs on consoles.

[Image: areyou.jpg]

Nintendo, please listen to me here...please. - madmick - 10-10-2003

Quote:Originally posted by QuickStop

I cut your tongue out you infidel.

Nintendo, please listen to me here...please. - QuickStop - 10-10-2003

please post some sort of explanation. how is playing an FPS on a console better than a pc, and don't say "cause i sit on my couch" because then you just arent trying...im sitting on my futon right now.