YourMomsBox!
x2 - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Visual Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: x2 (/showthread.php?tid=230)

Pages: 1 2

x2 - Ronin - 05-05-2003

it was really good.. but i feel giving away Wolverines past only on the second movie is kinda bad.. all his life he has been searching, but amazingly finds it in the second movie.. that was the only bad part..

all through the movie they gave small hints of other X-Men.. like Beast (Dr. Henry McCoy) and Remmy LaBeau. Did anyone see any others?

x2 - 60FeetUnderWater - 05-05-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Ronin
it was really good.. but i feel giving away Wolverines past only on the second movie is kinda bad.. all his life he has been searching, but amazingly finds it in the second movie.. that was the only bad part..

a bad part? yeah, kinda/sorta did slow things down a bit but...

does a great job of setting up a spinoff film/franchise, no? Not like I really care to see a Wolverine-only flick...

all I'm saying is that "I wouldn't be surprised if..."

x2 - Grizzly - 05-05-2003

Quote:Originally posted by FollowThisLogic
I saw X2 tonight, and holy shit, does it ever blow the first one away. Hopefully the third one will be good...... I also hope they end the story at that point, because if the third one isn't cheesy, the fourth probably would be.

Maybe. You must keep in mind, however, that there are thousands of storylines to use - the X-Men mythos is a long and storied parade of uncanny tales and adventures. Are there cheesy parts? Sure - look at the whole Onslaught storyline for fuck's sake. But even that had it's moments. This is one series they could do a lot with. . .I just hope they keep 'em as good as 1 & 2.

x2 - 60FeetUnderWater - 05-05-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Grizzly there are thousands of storylines to use - the X-Men mythos is a long and storied parade of uncanny tales and adventures.

if I hadn't met you before Griz, I swear I'd ask the following:

"Stan Lee, is that you?"

until the day coke cost only $20 a gram, make mine Marvel.

x2 - Rooner - 05-05-2003

Quote:Originally posted by fhore twentee
Quote:Originally posted by Ronin

a bad part? yeah, kinda/sorta did slow things down a bit but...

does a great job of setting up a spinoff film/franchise, no? Not like I really care to see a Wolverine-only flick...

all I'm saying is that "I wouldn't be surprised if..."

Id DEFINITELY like to see a Wolverine only movie, hes too much of a bad ass to be stuck with those fairy ass X Men and their gay costumes. Wait, am I talking about a comic book character, god, Im so gay. Nevermind.

x2 - The Almighty Spaz - 05-07-2003

I can't even pull an Opie ruin the end of the movie bit...fuck, fine next time i'll give a fair warning!

x2 - reefdwella - 05-10-2003

x2 kicked ass! mystique to me is still the coolest character. i'd love to see her and rogue bumpin' donuts.

x2 - Six-Pack - 05-13-2003

I thought it was a great movie, they even made Nightcrawler the shit in the opening scene. Can't ask for much more than that.

Anna Paquin has to be the hottest little piece of ass around. Damn I'd love a taste of her. Ever since she was that innocent little school girl in "Finding Forrester", she's been a total babe.

****SLIGHT SPOILER*****

The only thing I didn't like was the ending of the story. I mean, come on, Xavier has problems finding Nightcrawler, but can now just locate every single mutant and human on the planet and blink them out of existence in a matter of minutes??? Weak.

x2 - Crack Hitler - 05-22-2003

never read the comic book, saw only a few episodes of the cartoon, but i did like this movie. the opening scene with nightcrawler in teh white house was fucking awesome. my problem with the movie, which also seems to be the same problems a lot of the critics have, is that there were too many chars that i wanted to see more of. Like that huge guy in the school who covers himself in metal. i wish they would break some of them up into teams and just make movies about those teams so they could devote more time to some, of the other very interesting yet not quite ready to hold there own in a move, characters

but overall i would recomend that you see this film in the theatre, its definetly worth the 10 dollars to see it

x2 - reefdwella - 05-22-2003

Quote:[i]Like that huge guy in the school who covers himself in metal.

You're right, they teased Colussus too much and should have given him a bigger role.