YourMomsBox!
You asked for a chat thread...... - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topical (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: You asked for a chat thread...... (/showthread.php?tid=659)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

You asked for a chat thread...... - Rooner - 06-19-2003

Put mothballs in the ground around where the dog likes to dig. Barking is tough, whats the stimulus?

You asked for a chat thread...... - sweet angel - 06-19-2003

Okay, so I have to pick up mass quantities of moth balls -- she digs along my fence -- pretty much the whole length of the fence. She's gotten out underneath 2 or 3 times, and went over once. She's damn lucky that she's pretty.

Stimulus for barking?
"Did I hear a noise?"
"Who is that person walking by?"
"Look! There's a dog/cat/chipmunk/bird/raccoon/squirrel!"
"Hey, there's the neighbors!"
"Mommy/Daddy is home!"
"Can I still bark? Let me try"

Need I say more? I thought abuot getting one of those bark stopper things that you plug in and the dog wears a transmitter, but I'm not too sure about that.

You asked for a chat thread...... - Luna - 06-19-2003

Dogs love to dig, SA. Can you let her dig in ONE place? How about a sandbox? You just aren't going to be able to eliminate it once and for all.

Barking is something that I will ask my teacher about. I am having issues myself with the puppy barking.....bark bark bark!!!! One thing to do is put it "on cue" but, you need to do other things first in order to succeed with that. One thing you can do to stop the barking when you are around is give her some training lessons. Do puppy push-ups... "sit" "down" and antything else you have taught her. You need to stop her right away, because what they are learning to do...they are learning to do!

Quote:Need I say more? I thought abuot getting one of those bark stopper things that you plug in and the dog wears a transmitter, but I'm not too sure about that.
Do me a favor and stay away from electronic devices. These things are getting too relied upon by the general public and they should only be used by professionals. They were created by a trainer (J. Torturra) *sp?* to be used on valuble hunting dogs to stop them from chasing cougars and pumas in life and death situations. People are using them now for general training purposes and having devastating results...results they hadn't expected. If you don't understand the learning theory and "superstious learning" you should stay far away from these devices. I've seen too many people use them with results they hadn't expected and to reverse them is an astronomical task.

You could get moth chips and spread along the perimeter of your fence. For the barking they have citronella bark collars that might help you.

You asked for a chat thread...... - GreasyItalianPrincess - 06-19-2003

christ, this chat thread's gone to the dogs!

[Image: Gone%20to%20the%20Dogs.JPG]

WOOF!!!

[Image: lassie.gif]

[Image: xoloitzcuintle.jpg]

[Image: lassie-goes-surfing.jpg]