YourMomsBox!
Fuck the OA.com super vets....... - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topical (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Fuck the OA.com super vets....... (/showthread.php?tid=737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Fuck the OA.com super vets....... - Flock of Moosen - 07-02-2003

Quote:Originally posted by tinymike
actually I disagree. Tooling was not isolated to newbies. That was only half the fun of tooling. Tooling on newcomers was a temporary thing. Once you were established, you were left alone. Unless you were a complete dick about it, in which case, your ass was torn apart on a daily basis. coughcoughkencoughballoonknotcough. It made things interesting.

But if you payed attention, you would have noticed that most of the tooling went amongst the \"super vets\" themselves. Gonzo, RedDog, Metal, Grumpy, SpitFire, Maynard, etc.. These guys spent their time tearing at each most of the time. But at the same time, they also added value to the board. Spit's creativity in finding lyrics. RedDog's neverending hunt to C-Block. Gonzo's sick perverted stories. Buttmunch's letters to mom and dad. Grumpy's........grumpy's??.....what the fuck did Grumpy add? Wink nevermind.....

My point is, you assume that all the \"super vets\" did was tear into people. That is where you are wrong my friend. If that's what you think, you were not reading the same board I was.

I was going to add something, but tinymike summed it up perfectly. Smile

Fuck the OA.com super vets....... - AngelAmy - 07-02-2003

we shouldn't even be putting people into seperate categories. we should be focussing on where this board is going, not where the last board has been and went.

its nice to think about old times but we do have to realize that what we had before we cant have again.

it is stupid to argue and argue and argue about this stuff. lets just all get along and try to make this board the best it can be. once there is a show, a show that will hopefully back up the board, there will be more traffic and more action but until then we have to work with the people who come here on a regular basis to keep it going.

Fuck the OA.com super vets....... - KensPen - 07-02-2003

amy to english translation,

you all suck,
but you're all we have,

at the moment.

Fuck the OA.com super vets....... - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-02-2003

Quote:Originally posted by AngelAmy
we shouldn't even be putting people into seperate categories. we should be focussing on where this board is going, not where the last board has been and went.

its nice to think about old times but we do have to realize that what we had before we cant have again.

it is stupid to argue and argue and argue about this stuff. lets just all get along and try to make this board the best it can be. once there is a show, a show that will hopefully back up the board, there will be more traffic and more action

brilliant post.

oh, wait...

Quote: but until then we have to work with the people who come here on a regular basis to keep it going.

"work with"??

you ALMOST had me Amy...almost. :disappointed:

Fuck the OA.com super vets....... - Rooner - 07-02-2003

Wow, I feel appreciated. Think Ill go hang out at rf.net now.

Fuck the OA.com super vets....... - Metalfan - 07-02-2003

The board is whatever we made it at the time. When it was just a fledgling little board, still in diapers....it was as edgy and unpredictable as the show was. It was pretty interactive with the show as well....meaning that if something was on air, within minutes it would be on the board and heavily discussed (if worth it of course).

Tooling was tooling, it was a right of passage. Either you deal with it or go away......granted, it is possible we missed out on some great posters, but like someone said earlier, if you listened to the show, you sure as shit had better be able to handle getting your ass handed to you.

Over time, I think that the number of consistent posters seriously declined and the board became stale.....and of course whatever led to its ultimate demise.

Personally, I think it is a great way to stay sane at work and share ideas and thoughts with what appears to be a pretty diverse group of people.

I'll go back to work now.

Fuck the OA.com super vets....... - GreasyItalianPrincess - 07-02-2003

you work? :kiss:

Fuck the OA.com super vets....... - AngelAmy - 07-02-2003

Rolleyes you know i have a bad way with words dammit. i have an idea of what i want to say in my head but the words are just hard for me to get out there.....so i didnt mean for it to come out the way it did. Sad

Fuck the OA.com super vets....... - Flock of Moosen - 07-02-2003

I just wanted to add one more thing. I keep reading here and in the other thread that it's slow because we don't have O&A.
To that I say BULLSHIT!

In the beginning it was all about O&A and that's what everyone came to the site for and talked about. Over time though, people branched off and weren't there for the show. They were there for the members and the discussions. Ever notice how Off Topic had way more activity than General Discussion? It's because we posted about things non O&A related. I didn't sign on thinking "I can't wait to see what was said about the show" or "Wow, I wonder if Anthony or Roger posted in GD". Fuck that! I went straight to OT because that's what I cared about, to interact with my friends. (By interact, I don't mean chat Wink )

So, basicaly all I'm saying is stop taking the easy way out by blaming it on the fact that there is no show. Sure, it might help a little if they were back, but overall we didn't need them to survive. We had each other and it was the best damn thing going. Big Grin

Fuck the OA.com super vets....... - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-02-2003

Quote:Originally posted by AngelAmy
Rolleyes you know i have a bad way with words dammit. i have an idea of what i want to say in my head but the words are just hard for me to get out there.....so i didnt mean for it to come out the way it did. Sad

seems like you need my help...

hey, everyone...

Amy says shes "sorry".

Wink :kiss:

Hey Amy - licky licky. I forgive ya. Wink