YourMomsBox!
All-gay school... - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topical (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: All-gay school... (/showthread.php?tid=957)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

All-gay school... - FollowThisLogic - 07-29-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Hawt Baux
I just don't see it as very realistic. You want to go to a school because you're homosexual so when you come out you have problems relating to heterosexuals and can't function properly with ignorant people that live in this world?
Exactly... put them in an environment where they get coddled and 100% accepted for 4 years, and then they have to go into the outside world? That's not cool. As harsh as it sounds, they NEED the harassment from other kids in order to develop a thicker skin, just to frickin survive in the real world...

All-gay school... - GreasyItalianPrincess - 07-29-2003

they should strap them to a fence instead...you know, to toughen them up.

All-gay school... - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-29-2003

Quote:Originally posted by FollowThisLogic
I just don't see it as very realistic. You want to go to a school because you're homosexual so when you come out you have problems relating to heterosexuals and can't function properly with ignorant people that live in this world?
Exactly... put them in an environment where they get coddled and 100% accepted for 4 years, and then they have to go into the outside world? That's not cool. As harsh as it sounds, they NEED the harassment from other kids in order to develop a thicker skin, just to frickin survive in the real world...

You're both commenting on the schools' curriculum as if you actually knew it.

Who says that the school will "coddle" any of its students? Maybe they will explore the hateful tendencies of human nature and help these kids find a way to face those issues. Maybe that'll be a part of the schools' mission statement?

Perhaps the schools' mission is to help all these students prepare for a world that isn't wholly ready to accept them.

Uh, yeah..pardon the pun?

Also, I didn't read anything that said that the school would disallow non-homosexuals from attending. So, the segregation arguement gots no steam.

Yup, it gots no steam I tell ya.

(what?? Ghettosburg has died down a bit and I felt the need to "get my ghetto on" for a sec, don't mind me.)

All-gay school... - Hawt Baux - 07-29-2003

No, they don't need harassment, in fact, the reason why they probably even built this school is to escape from it. I'm not saying harass the kids, i am not saying coddle them. All i am saying is that the way that they might be looking at it is very unrealistic, sad to say that they need to even resort to such means because no one should be giving them trouble in the first place.

You want gay rights?...done and done, just don't set up a barrier between yourselves and the outside world you live in and complain about an "unjust society" when you're going to great lengths to remove yourselves from it.(this part came out a little harsher then intended)

All-gay school... - Sloats - 07-29-2003

Kindergarten?

All-gay school... - FollowThisLogic - 07-29-2003

Now, racial rights problems, I can buy, even though I think it can be overcome by a little thing called an education. People in the ghetto, who talk like they're from the ghetto rather than like an educated person who speaks ENGLISH, will never leave the ghetto. I'm not saying that education is the ONLY thing that will bring success, but at least if you come off like you actually have a brain, you have a chance.

Big tangent there, but heading toward this point: sexual preference should NEVER be an issue of rights. Why? Cause what you do in your bedroom is your own business. When you start MAKING it other people's business, that's when other people refuse to accept it. The attitude of "I'm gay, accept me or I'll cry discrimination" is so fucking counter-productive. You're basically asking - BEGGING - to be treated differently. Whereas if you'd just shut the fuck up about it - not stop being who you are, but stop feeling the need to shove it in everyone's fucking face - maybe things would be fine.

Now back to telling me how wrong I am for having non-liberal views. :grin2:

Quote:Kindergarten?
This really only applies if they're suddenly starting gay kindergarten too. In kindergarten, you're still with all of your peers.

All-gay school... - Hawt Baux - 07-29-2003

I agree with what goes on in the bedroom stays in the bedroom but what happens if you're inquiring about a job and you need to fill out forms, or in anyother case, and you have to put your sexual preferrence. Ignorant people will hold it against you because they know no better. Certain things just cant be worked around and i see no need for a man who likes men to have to hide his sexual tastes in order to secure a job or anything else. It just shouldnt be an issue, regardless.

All-gay school... - Rooner - 07-29-2003

I agree with what goes on in the bedroom stays in the bedroom but what happens if you're inquiring about a job and you need to fill out forms, or in anyother case, and you have to put your sexual preferrence. Ignorant people will hold it against you because they know no better. Certain things just cant be worked around and i see no need for a man who likes men to have to hide his sexual tastes in order to secure a job or anything else. It just shouldnt be an issue, regardless.

No, he shouldnt have to hide it, but it also shouldnt be on display to be cheered for. It should be a non issue. Which is exactly why this school is ridiculous.

All-gay school... - JimmyBlueEyes - 07-29-2003

since when do you have to put your sexual preference on a job application??
But this whole school thing is a bad idea. It caters to everyone who looks at gays differently and gives them more ammo for bigotry.

All-gay school... - Lush - 07-29-2003

Now, racial rights problems, I can buy, even though I think it can be overcome by a little thing called an education. People in the ghetto, who talk like they're from the ghetto rather than like an educated person who speaks ENGLISH, will never leave the ghetto. I'm not saying that education is the ONLY thing that will bring success, but at least if you come off like you actually have a brain, you have a chance.
Hmmm what about every sport you watch with the exception of Hockey and Golf? The only person I can think of who never moved out of the ghetto is Evander Holyfield, he still lives in the very ghetto Riverdale, Ga.
.............and speaking of that, What about Morehouse Grambling or Howard Universities? Those are designated Black Colleges. Anyone can go there but they are intended to for Black community. I don't see the problem in this. If you want a school, have it. Alienate yourself, who gives a fuck?