YourMomsBox!
What would you do? - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Silera's Box (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: What would you do? (/showthread.php?tid=1178)

Pages: 1 2 3

What would you do? - Rooner - 08-18-2003

Heres my survival scenario, well, not really survival, eh just fucking read it and tell me what YOU would of done to get out of the situation.

Fishing trip. Started at 11PM. On a boat. On the river. 15 ft deep water. About 200 yards wide. Youre achored in the middle of the river. 2 miles downstream from the dock. In the middle of nowhere, no chance of someone coming by. The battery dies. What do you do? Lets see if you remedy the situation like I did.

What would you do? - 60FeetUnderWater - 08-18-2003

how big is the boat?

have any oars handy?

(need to know all details before submitting my final answer...)

What would you do? - GreasyItalianPrincess - 08-18-2003

You call your chaingang for help? :kiss:

14 ft tri hull boat.

No oars. No paddling devices at all. All thats in the boat is 10 ft of rope, 2 fishing poles, and a cooler of beer.

GIP, is that your final answer?

What would you do? - tinymike - 08-18-2003

First thing - see if you can get anyone on a radio (if the boat has one) or a cell phone.
2. Depending on how populated the area is, wait for someone to come by.
3. If no one is near for an hour or so, and the boat is smaller, I'd try and find something to use an oar and paddle the boat to shore.
4. if that's not an option, and no life raft is available, I'd put on a life jacket and swim to shore and walk back to the docks and get help.

or the alternate is to sit there, drink beer and pray that someone notices you missing and send out a search party.

What would you do? - Ronin - 08-18-2003

catch any fish?

What would you do? - GreasyItalianPrincess - 08-18-2003

So, how was your swim, dragging the boat with the 10 ft rope?? Confusedmug:

Quote:Originally posted by Ronin
catch any fish?

Actually I caught the biggest catfish Ive ever caught. Thats why the battery died, we were pulling em in left and right and kept using the spot light without starting the boat to recharge the battery.

Quote:Originally posted by tinymike
First thing - see if you can get anyone on a radio (if the boat has one) or a cell phone.
2. Depending on how populated the area is, wait for someone to come by.
3. If no one is near for an hour or so, and the boat is smaller, I'd try and find something to use an oar and paddle the boat to shore.
4. if that's not an option, and no life raft is available, I'd put on a life jacket and swim to shore and walk back to the docks and get help.

or the alternate is to sit there, drink beer and pray that someone notices you missing and send out a search party.

No radio, only a small boat, we only use it in the river. 0 population in the area, if it was earlier some people would be on the river, but not that late. We tried thinking of something to use as a paddle, but we would get swept down river too fast, and oh yeah, theres a dam about half a mile down stream, so theres the chance of getting swept over it, I forgot that little factor. Swimming was our last resort, we found a way to avoid swimming. Anymore ideas before I give you the answer?

Quote:Originally posted by GreasyItalianPrincess
So, how was your swim, dragging the boat with the 10 ft rope?? Confusedmug:

Try again, its 15 ft of water my friend.