YourMomsBox!
Opie comments on Howard's clear channel deal - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: O&A Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The End (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Opie comments on Howard's clear channel deal (/showthread.php?tid=2774)

Pages: 1 2

Opie comments on Howard\'s clear channel deal - Topper Harley - 02-27-2004

here

Quote:Also backing Stern was Gregg \"Opie\" Hughes, part of the infamous \"Opie and Anthony\" radio team kicked off the air after an August 2002 live sex stunt in St. Patrick's Cathedral.

\"I feel sorry for the guys who don't have the talent to get beyond the shocking stuff,\" Hughes told The Post - echoing a widespread view in the radio business that Stern doesn't need to shock to entertain.

\"Even though it's no secret that we've never gotten along with Howard, I believe it's an outrage what's going on with him and I fully support him,\" Hughes said.

Opie comments on Howard\'s clear channel deal - Rooner - 02-27-2004

I think everyone should support Hooknose on this, I cant stand him, but this whole issue is preposterous. Its all election year rhetoric.

its a shame that everybody has to suffer for what some stupid twat did at the super bowl.

Opie comments on Howard\'s clear channel deal - header - 02-27-2004

I don't see what the big deal is. Clear Channel is covering their ass (aka they pussed out). and Stern will be back on in those cities on different stations in a matter of time.

Quote:Originally posted by header
I don't see what the big deal is. Clear Channel is covering their ass (aka they pussed out). and Stern will be back on in those cities on different stations in a matter of time.

Its just the pussifies reasons they took him off. Its the whole "give an inch, theyll take a mile" scenario. They took him off for this, whats next? When does it go to far? What is it too late to turn back?

But Clear Channel took him off the air with no forcing from the government. It's a business decision. Just like it will be a business decision for another station to pick him up in those cities. If Clear Channel wants to be high and mighty then I'm sure Infinity will pick up the 'scum' and make the cash. There's a market for everyone.

I was listening to stern this morning and they mentioned something about one groups letter writing campaign. I guess the station we getting tons of letters and decided to call one of the people that wrote in. The guy they called had no idea what he was writing about, but the group he was writing in behalf of gave him 50 cents for every letter he wrote, so he did that as a second income. bastards.

power to the people!

But Clear Channel took him off the air with no forcing from the government. It's a business decision. Just like it will be a business decision for another station to pick him up in those cities. If Clear Channel wants to be high and mighty then I'm sure Infinity will pick up the 'scum' and make the cash. There's a market for everyone.

I hope the clear channel loses a lot of money because they are playing it safe. I hope that infinity stations pick up the show in the areas that CC dropped them. Maybe then the big wigs at CC will understand that most people just don't care about "indecent" programming.

Yeah, but the only reason they did it is because the FCC is going on this witch hunt for all indecent material. So CC was trying to kiss ass by doing a preemptive strike. They wouldnt have said shit if the FCC wasnt getting all Nazi-esque. So, indirectly, it IS from pressure from the government.