YourMomsBox!
When is death funny (AKA: Meatwad and 60 prove their idiocy) - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Silera's Box (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: When is death funny (AKA: Meatwad and 60 prove their idiocy) (/showthread.php?tid=3683)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

When is death funny (AKA: Meatwad and 60 prove their idiocy) - The Man - 08-20-2004

Please explain fully and precisely when in your mind it is acceptable to treat the death of a person lightly, and under which circumstances it should be only treated with respect and solemn sadness.

I look forward to Meatwad or 460 attempting to tackle this simple philosophical question without their heads caving in due to the vacuum of logic in their heads.

When is death funny (AKA: Meatwad and 60 prove their idiocy) - Crack Hitler - 08-20-2004

[Image: lurk.gif]

When is death funny (AKA: Meatwad and 60 prove their idiocy) - Ronin - 08-20-2004

[Image: top.jpg]

When is death funny (AKA: Meatwad and 60 prove their idiocy) - Tenbatsuzen - 08-20-2004

Quote:Originally posted by The Man
Please explain fully and precisely when in your mind it is acceptable to treat the death of a person lightly, and under which circumstances it should be only treated with respect and solemn sadness.

Real simple: It's one thing to treat death lightly when it's done from afar.

It's another thing to treat it lightly when it's right in the person's face, i.e. a fan website.

Princess Di, 9/11, Dale Earnhardt, you can all make jokes about it.

It doesn't make the jokes funnier or "in place" when they are done on fan-sites.

I mean, what kind of reaction did you expect?

When is death funny (AKA: Meatwad and 60 prove their idiocy) - 60FeetUnderWater - 08-20-2004

I defer to Tenbats.

Besides, there's a rule somewhere regarding a wait time, isn't there? I believe that wait time is 15 years or so.

When is death funny (AKA: Meatwad and 60 prove their idiocy) - The Man - 08-20-2004

for saying "sucks to be him"? I expected no reaction. I don't know if you people are just giant pussies or if anything I write just is immediately evil by the fact that it was written by me.

That is not an appropriate answer because no one dared making jokes during 9/11.

But you're saying that it is OK to make fun of anyone's tragedy under any circumstance unless it's a loved one of someone associated with the show/board?

I'd like to hear 460 and Meatwad's genius comments since they were the two crusaders who flipped out like retards based on what was said.

I hope they are going to be faggots and not have the balls to actually spell out why they were so upset.

When is death funny (AKA: Meatwad and 60 prove their idiocy) - Tenbatsuzen - 08-20-2004

You asked a question about making light of death - not what was so inappropriate about your posts. Two different subjects.

When is death funny (AKA: Meatwad and 60 prove their idiocy) - 60FeetUnderWater - 08-20-2004

Quote:Originally posted by The Man

But you're saying that it is OK to make fun of anyone's tragedy under any circumstance unless it's a loved one of someone associated with the show/board?

Quote:]Real simple: It's one thing to treat death lightly when it's done from afar.

It's another thing to treat it lightly when it's right in the person's face, i.e. a fan website.

Princess Di, 9/11, Dale Earnhardt, you can all make jokes about it.

It doesn't make the jokes funnier or \"in place\" when they are done on fan-sites.

I mean, what kind of reaction did you expect?

Quote:I defer to Tenbats.

Besides, there's a rule somewhere regarding a wait time, isn't there? I believe that wait time is 15 years or so.

I answered that question. I expected no response. What I wrote was not even remotely bad or mean or heartless. I am truly baffled that you and Meatwad got your panties in a bunch over it.

And don't defer to him; have your own thoughts. Write them. Explain why you think them. Try adding some original and inciteful content beyond your kneejerk :bboy stance: and other gimmick/schtick post bullshit.

Are you also saying that you can't treat lightly around anything bad that happens to someone associated with the board/show? Are you going as far as saying that you can't make fun of anyone associated with what the fan site is about?

When is death funny (AKA: Meatwad and 60 prove their idiocy) - IrishAlkey - 08-20-2004

Your original statement was not awful. It could have been easily passed over. The argument and statements by many people that followed, thereafter, I felt were unnecessary and inappropriate.

That's all.