YourMomsBox!
Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: G-Spot (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft (/showthread.php?tid=741)

Pages: 1 2

Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-02-2003

Who do you align yourself with? Why?

after the tangent the GTA thread went on, I figured why not dedicate a thread to all of us fanboys who want to say "your system sucks! Mine is better!"

Al I ask is that you intelligently back up your thoughts.

Me? I'm a Nintendo Fanboy. Yes. "fanboy". Love it or hate it but I ain't gonna front.

Microsoft worries me...Sony, I hate.

I worry about Microsoft because their moderate success in this industry thus far seems to prove that if you have enough money (and advertising...), you can be a contender in the industry...that producing great systems and games (ie. Sega - R.I.P. Dreamcast) isn't enough to survive or truely needed. You just gotta get the name out there. Over adn over and over again. You know, commit over $500 million to advertising alone...the great games will come eventually. (only system seller for the Box, Halo)

I hate Sony because they convinced 50+ million users that a game system doesn't have to have the fastest load times or produce the smoothest graphics and first party developed games just aren't needed (which is truely BS.)...just find ONE great 3rd party game and make sure your system can also play DVDs and CDs and VIOLA! You have a #1 selling game system.

Nintendo I adore for the simple fact that it is the worlds last true gaming company that still manufacturers its own hardware as well as EXCELLENT 1st party games. They insist on making games EVERYONE can play...not just for adults and that I can dig.

Nintendo strives to make great games and nothing else. If the PS brand failed, back to CD & DVD players and other home electronics they go. Microsoft? Need I really explain what THEY would do if the XBOX failed?

Meanwhile - Nintendo solely thrives on providing people of all ages with quality & unique gaming experiences.

So...I ask again:

Who do you align yourself with? Why?

Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft - FollowThisLogic - 07-02-2003

I was always into Nintendo as a kid. Even today, the only next-gen system I have, is GameCube.

BUT.... Sega.

Even with my GameCube, I think I get more fun out of my Dreamcast, and even my Saturn. Saturn is still great for me, because I have the Japanese versions of X-Men vs. SF and Marvel vs. SF - and unlike X-Men vs. SF for PS1 ( :barf: ), the Japanese Saturn version is arcade-perfect.

the Dreamcast is the greatest machine that never had a fair chance. Great system indeed. Controller felt a lil shoddy compared to the PS (a top notch controller I must say, seriously) but yeah, its a shame Sega was so deep in debt by the time they released the 'Cast...such low margin of error for them at the time. no choice but to punch out when the system undersold.

I never dug the PS controller. Partially because of the double shoulder buttons, but more because they had to be GAY with Circle, Triange, Square, and X. I understand how you want to be different, but fuck that, LETTERS are easy.

Quote:Originally posted by FollowThisLogic
I never dug the PS controller. Partially because of the double shoulder buttons, but more because they had to be GAY with Circle, Triange, Square, and X. I understand how you want to be different, but fuck that, LETTERS are easy.

actually, I meant the PS2 controller...yeah - the symbols were kinda...EH. but I must admit, the rumble feature is the best in the biz currently and as much as the double shoulder buttons bother me, when a game designer implements them in a smart fashion, they feel more intuitive than that blasted "Z" button on the Cube controller.

(ie. EA sport games...)

But honestly, my biggst complaint about the Cube controller is that Z button; it stinks. Too stiff, not very responsive IMO.

Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft - McNabbShouldDie - 07-02-2003

I'm Nintendo born and Nintendo bred.

My first system was a SNES when I was 7. I had been using my friends SNES and older NES throughout my younger life. We beat the first 3 Mario games before I was 8 years old(it was mostly him doing the playing since he was 2 years older then me.)

When I was 11 years old I dedicated a whole summer to beating Zelda: A Link to the Past, the absolute greatest game ever made. People have to argue pretty hard to even get me to start to think another game comes close to A Link to the Past.

I got an old Playstation a couple years ago and didnt see anything that made it better then N64. Sure they had games like the Final Fantasy Series, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Crash Bandicoot, and Tomb Raider but Nintendo always had Zelda, Star Fox and Mario and Donkey Kong to battle those. Other then that both systems usually had the same sports games (Madden football and other EA games.) And sometimes Playstation came out with games that were original but so did Nintendo64, so I dont see how Playstation was better then N64.

Now I have Gamecube and no PS2. Personally, from playing games at my various friends houses, I dont see what makes PS2 SO MUCH better then Gamecube(like so many people say.) I'll give it to you "PS2ers" that PS2 has tons of more games then Gamecube and with all those amounts of games, obviously some are gonna be better then Gamecubes lesser amount of games. And other then a few truly great games like GTA and again, the FF series PS2 doesnt have much to contend with Gamecube's Resident Evils, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Starfox. And from what one of my friends said, Gamecube is getting some rights or something to put out FF games on Gamecube. Now what will there be to challenge Gamecubes premiere games?

And Im not gonna go into XBox/Dreamcast but honestly and simply put, they both suck.

Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft - McNabbShouldDie - 07-02-2003

Quote:I never dug the PS controller. Partially because of the double shoulder buttons, but more because they had to be GAY with Circle, Triange, Square, and X. I understand how you want to be different, but fuck that, LETTERS are easy.

Yeah ill have to agree. Playstations controllers were never that great and i always hated the four L/R buttons on the top. They confused the fuck out of me, as did the shape buttons.

Gamecube has definetly got the best controller, it just molds into your hand and everything is right there in your hand. Plus the 'Z' button isnt all the way in the middle of the back of the controller, which pissed me off about the N64 controller.

As for other controllers, I dont remeber the Dreamcast controller but I have used the Xbox one. I hate that big ass controller. The buttons are all smushed together and my stupid fingers always hit the wrong button.

Regular Nintendo's controller was cool because it was basic and had like 4 buttons on it. But the rectangle shape pissed me off, the edges annoyed the crap out of me.

SNES's controller wasnt bad when I was a kid but when I try to use it now it's just too tiny.

The Cube controller has to be one of the worst designs ever. Huge A button in the middle, and 3 buttons around it.... horrible. And yeah, Z is annoying too.

And I must agree, Link To The Past.... nothing can EVER beat that game.

Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft - The Brain - 07-02-2003

Quote:.... Sega.

Even with my GameCube, I think I get more fun out of my Dreamcast, and even my Saturn. Saturn is still great for me, because I have the Japanese versions of X-Men vs. SF and Marvel vs. SF - and unlike X-Men vs. SF for PS1 ( ), the Japanese Saturn version is arcade-perfect.
Same here, SEGA was always my cup o' tea.

It started with the Master System, and finished with the Genesis/Sega CD.

And when they came out with the 6-button controller, forget it. I played Super Street Fighter II for weeks on end.

The only trouble SEGA had (and which Nintendo still faces and Sony and Microsoft will learn soon) is that the hardware aspect costs money, far more than selling one's own software can compensate. That's why SEGA had to abandon the hardware biz and concentrate solely on games.

Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft - Rooner - 07-03-2003

For me it went Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Turbo Grafix 16, PS1, Dreamcast, the PS2. Youll never get me away from Sony again I fear, since Sega is gone. Like I said, Nintendo, too cartoony. You kids keep your 'tendo, the adults will play with the Sonys.

Calm down, calm down, Im only kidding, dont get is a hissy about your precious cubes.