YourMomsBox!
I just beat - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: G-Spot (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: I just beat (/showthread.php?tid=862)

I just beat - Bloody Anus - 07-17-2003

The Legend of Zelda in 3 and a half hours. I have not played The Legend of Zelda in at least 10 years, but I remember where every single level, secret, heart container, item, etc is. (except for the red ring, which you don't even NEED anyway).
I have never been so impressed yet at the same time so disturbed at my ability to maintain completely useless information. I barely know how to get to Walmart 2 miles away from me without getting lost, but I can get from the graveyard to Death Mountain 5 different ways. Ponderous.

I just beat - Ronin - 07-17-2003

which legend of zelda?

I just beat - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-17-2003

I'm venturing to guess that BA is talking about THE original adventure on NES....only because he mention THE graveyard.

I still remember the first time I ventured in there and could NOT find my way out....

ahh, when the graphics were always simple but the gaming was ALWAYS good.

*sigh*

I just beat - Ronin - 07-17-2003

it took me forever to get through the Lost Forest. I remember I had to wait for my next issue of Nintendo Power to tell me how to get through it.

I just beat - The Brain - 07-17-2003

Quote:ahh, when the graphics were always simple but the gaming was ALWAYS good.
Isn't it amazing how the graphics and sound elements of gameplay have swung up so dramatically over the years, while actual gaming <i>content</i> (plot, character development, actual fun) have either leveled off, or dropped?

I just beat - Rooner - 07-17-2003

Quote:Originally posted by The Brain
Quote:ahh, when the graphics were always simple but the gaming was ALWAYS good.
Isn't it amazing how the graphics and sound elements of gameplay have swung up so dramatically over the years, while actual gaming <i>content</i> (plot, character development, actual fun) have either leveled off, or dropped?

You arent playing the right games my friend.

I just beat - The Brain - 07-17-2003

No, don't get me wrong; not <i>all</i> of today's games are just style with no substance.

I just happen to think that <i>most</i> of today's games are just style with no substance.

I mean, most of us still refer to <i>Half-Life</i> as one of the most immersive games to come out in the past decade-- and how long ago did it come out?

Let me ask this: what was the last game (old school or new school) in which, while you were playing, it drew you in because of its <i>content</i>, not just because it had incredible graphics or music?

You can break it down into categories if you need to. Like for me, <i>Half-Life</i> is my favorite first-person shooter, because I just HAD to know what was going to happen next. When I finally made it to the surface, after what had seem like level after level, I felt a real sense of accomplishment... until the Marines drove me back into the sewers.

And for RPGs, I have to go with <i>Planescape: Torment</i>, simply because it has the greatest character development I have ever seen in a game.

I just beat - Rooner - 07-17-2003

Quote:Originally posted by The Brain
No, don't get me wrong; not <i>all</i> of today's games are just style with no substance.

I just happen to think that <i>most</i> of today's games are style with no substance.

I mean, most of us still refer to <i>Half-Life</i> as one of the most immersive games to come out in the past decade-- and how long ago did it come out?

Let me ask this: what was the last game (old school or new school) in which, while you were playing, it drew you in because of its <i>content</i>, not just because it had incredible graphics or music?

Onimusha, Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2, Dead to Rights, Driver...

I just beat - Bloody Anus - 07-17-2003

Level 3 is a swastika!

[Image: zelda.jpg]

Quote:what was the last game (old school or new school) in which, while you were playing, it drew you in because of its content, not just because it had incredible graphics or music?
Silent Hill. The most scary/creepy/disturbing game ever. I was so close to beating it one night but had to wait until it was light out to resume playing because it was so intense.

I just beat - TooCute - 07-19-2003

The red ring was in the level the looks like a skull.

I still think my favorite game of all time was FF II (IV), even if the whole story line was a little too reminiscent of star wars.