YourMomsBox!
*Disclaimer* Re: 8/23 Gathering - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: O&A Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The End (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: *Disclaimer* Re: 8/23 Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=996)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

*Disclaimer* Re: 8/23 Gathering - 60FeetUnderWater - 08-01-2003

The gathering is no longer "official" in the eyes of DR management/ownership.

Thats right folks...not exactly official.

Here's the story:

When Ollie & I went to Donovans back in May, we spoke to MANAGEMENT. We told this particular person that we wanted to have a group of people come down to their establishment on such and such a date because we're all "fans of a radio show" and that "we like to get together every so often to just have a good time, talk about the show, yada yada yada". We didn't ask to put a banner up nor did we ever identify the show that we were all a fan of. Ollie & I felt that it would be best to not mention the show for fear of...something that happened anyway.

You see, some people out there decided to call Donovans and ask if Opie and Anthony were showing up. Also, a post ws made in their guestbook citing that a "huge gathering" in the name of the O&A show was happening. As much as management may not have cared...well, one of the Owners (by the name of "Ed") took notice and wasn't exactly happy.

There I was, on my way to the funeral of my friends' dad last friday when my phone rang.

It was Ed.

"I don't want you people coming here. I don't want Opie or Anthony here. If you come you will be wasting your time. Opie and Anthony are not going to be here, there is no official party for them here at all. I don't like what they stood for, I want nothing to do with them...."

"Sir....could I please ask you a question?"

(I wanted to see what "exactly" he was so worried about..I wanted to point out to him that we are all just fans of a particular radio show, that we weren't looking to have sex all over the place or cause any other types of problems his feeble mind must have conjured up)

so again..I asked Ed:

"Sir, I'd like to discuss this with you nice and rationally, could I ask you a question?"

"NO!"

*CLEEEEEEK*

Yup, that bastard hung up on me. I decided to just leave it that for the day as I was 20 minutes away from arriving at the funeral.

Now, a couple of days later, I called Donovans and left a message asking for an opportunity to speak with the owners. I called the following day and left ANOTHER message...I also called yesterday, hoping that I could fix this issue instead of posting this post right here, right now.

No one ever called me back.

So, you may be wondering: "Where the F does this leave all of us fans?"

We, in true O&A style / fashion, should just say "fuck it" and go anyways.

However, don't bring stickers or banners or yell out anything that points yourself out as being an O&A fan or you may be tossed. I say we make it a new game called "Trick Donovans Reef" where we see how long we can go without getting tossed; I'm looking forward to using show quotes around the bartenders and managers if present. I also look to paste a few WoW stickers around the joint. I don't give a fuck. Neither should the rest of the army.

We could play/hang from 3-7, break for dinner and then at 8pm, when the Tradewinds opens up their doors for the night, (2 doors down, literally) we could all go there. There's no cover charges for the Tradewinds from 8-10 pm. And sorry kids, it's 21 & over. Also, there's a pool & hottub that MAY be available for use. I'm looking into that and I will update this thread after finding out for sure.

I figure that after a few hours of sun and fun at Donovans, we all would probably desire a change of atmosphere at some point anyways.

So, what do y'all think? Still wanna get together, have some drinks & a
good time with fellow fans/friends? I hope so.

*Disclaimer* Re: 8/23 Gathering - Rooner - 08-01-2003

Changes nothing for me.

*Disclaimer* Re: 8/23 Gathering - Jimbo - 08-01-2003

i never liked this idea from the getgo and like it even less now.

Quote:Originally posted by Rooner
Changes nothing for me.

meaning?? you're still going? or???

just sayin'. Wink

Jimbo - I guess I won't see you there.

*Disclaimer* Re: 8/23 Gathering - Six-Pack - 08-01-2003

Honestly, FUCK EM. You can find plenty of places that would gladly accept money from a few hundred extra customers. Why bother going somewhere that's just going to give us a hard time?

*Disclaimer* Re: 8/23 Gathering - FollowThisLogic - 08-01-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Six-Pack
Honestly, FUCK EM. You can find plenty of places that would gladly accept money from a few hundred extra customers. Why bother going somewhere that's just going to give us a hard time?
I agree.

Why go there, and give them literally thousands of dollars worth of business, if we're not even welcome there, and they don't want our money? Simply because of the short notice? You think there's nowhere else to go?

Not to mention, have you ever been at a gathering of hundreds of drunk O&A fans? Good luck trying to get them to hide the fact that they're fans.

I would not suggest handing that much business to an establishment that flat-out told you they don't want it. What I would do, however, is send a nice, professional letter, letting them know exactly how much business they're missing out on. Or, if you write this letter after the party, how much business they DID miss out on.

At least recommend an ALTERNATIVE.

Don't just say "eh, we should go someplace else".

No other place nearby offers drinking on the beach...the closest alternative (Tradewinds) doesn't open until 8pm.

The other choices in Sea Bright are your typical bars. No outdoors atmosphere...

What, would you rather we just all went to Hooters again in NYC? On a hot summer day? Spend it in the city where no smoking is allowed, it smells like hot garbage outside and there are NO WOMEN IN BIKINIS? Confusedmug:

just sayin'.

*Disclaimer* Re: 8/23 Gathering - Jimbo - 08-01-2003

Quote:Originally posted by FollowThisLogic
Quote:Originally posted by Six-Pack
I agree.

Why go there, and give them literally thousands of dollars worth of business, if we're not even welcome there, and they don't want our money? Simply because of the short notice? You think there's nowhere else to go?

Not to mention, have you ever been at a gathering of hundreds of drunk O&A fans? Good luck trying to get them to hide the fact that they're fans.

I would not suggest handing that much business to an establishment that flat-out told you they don't want it. What I would do, however, is send a nice, professional letter, letting them know exactly how much business they're missing out on. Or, if you write this letter after the party, how much business they DID miss out on.

i concur.

but something where you do expect "hundreds" of people requires a lot more planning, in terms of reserving a location (aka paying for it) and whatnot..i wouldn't think many bar owners would agree to having hundreds of people come down to their establishment(for an organized party) without the proper provisions and contract..

*Disclaimer* Re: 8/23 Gathering - Six-Pack - 08-01-2003

Its not a rag on you or your efforts, so don't take it personally. If the owner of the place said not to bother coming, that even if we get in we're going to be given a hard time, it isn't going to be any fun. It could be on a nude beach, and it still wouldn't be worth it.

We'll find a new place to have it, even if it isn't as good as that place, at least we'll be able to have a good time and support a place that DOES want us.

If you're looking for drinking on the beach, there's a few places in the Hamptons. Don't know how everyone feels about that one though.

*Disclaimer* Re: 8/23 Gathering - Tenbatsuzen - 08-01-2003

My suggestion: Bar A in Belmar. Right down the road.