Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug Chasers - What has this world come to?
For a brief second, I thought there was something cruel or insensitive about your proposal, Tenbatz, but then I realized, hey, wait, you're completely right. There's no reason anyone should get HIV these days. If they do, it's no ones responsibility to pay for their treatment besides their's and whoever gave it to them. Certainly not mine or yours in the form of higher insurance costs.

Then part of me, the compassionate part, that part that doesn't like the idea of anyone ever suffering... is against the death penalty to make sure we never kill an innocent man, makes me wonder about some poor guy somewhere who mighta had his butt-buddy's condom break on him... or some freak medical accident. I remember once I had an IV in and my poor nurse, sticking a needle into the drip for some purpose, punctured HERSELF in the process... needle went through HER finger and into the line... I remember some scary seconds there visually following the line into the my arm and thinking "wow, this might suck a lot." She was clean though, and I realize this is an example of a case that would be easily witnessed and documented and could be an exception to this policy dropping rule, but I think you get what I'm driving at, yes? Now that I think of it,.. I don't suppose there are many such cases that the insurance company would be likely to contest... oh well. Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Bug Chasers - What has this world come to? - by SeeYouNextTuesday - 07-21-2003, 04:12 AM