Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reality Dating Shows
Does anybody watch this drivel?
My sister's friend just auditioned for The Fifth Wheel, that's why I'm asking. What's that all about?
Quote:Originally posted by Suzie
Does anybody watch this <b>drivel</b>?
No one on this board ever gets this word right ("dribble"?), but Suzie does. Ponderous. :grin2:

I wish a swift death on all reality shows. They fucking suck. They're just getting so goddamn lame and boring.
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.yourmomsbox.net/ftl/ftl-oldtimey.gif&quot;&gt;&lt;/center&gt;
HEY, I know that dribble are those furry things from Star Trek. I just never had a chance to properly use drivel.

I COULD CARE LESS!!!
&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.blazingconcepts.com/img/syd/sloatsig.jpg&quot;&gt;

________________________________________________________________________________________
&lt;center&gt;Boy the way Glen Miller played,
songs that made the hit parade,
guys like us we had it made,
those were the days,
and you know where you were then,
girls were girls and men were men,
mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again,
didn't need no welfare states
everybody pulled his weight,
gee our old Lasalle ran great,
those were the days!&lt;/center&gt;
Quote:My sister's friend
Roughly translated....her..:lol:
I thought dribble was a pitcher for the Phillies.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Worst reality dating show EVER!

Boy Meets Boy
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
Why are you surprised? Prob cuz I'm pretty you assume I'm not that smart....
happens to me a lot.

So nobody knows the premise of that show?
I hope they last a few more years (and there's no reason to think they wont, Big Brother of all things is one of the highest rated shows on CBS). It gives me tons of shit to write about.
I don't get it, what does reality have to do with dating?
Suzie - here's the set up...I think.

2 men (lets call them "A" & "B"), 2 women (we'll call them "Y" & "Z") are sent off on a "group date" of sorts...some type of activity like dining or whatever...then, they switch the pairings at one point.

After that, they introduce "the Fifth Wheel" ("X", who could be a man or woman) where conflict (and much wanted "tv drama") may occur.

You see, A may be digging Y alot but Y REALLY likes B. Meanwhile, B, who doesn't care for Y totally digs Z....

But then, X comes in and screws things up for A because X is waaaay hotter than Y, A thinks. And poor little Y...because B also thinks X is hot.

I haven't seen much of the show but from what I've seen, thats what I've gathered.

It's a dating game with multiple cases of "clusterfucks".

Oh, yeah...at the end, A & B vote for which one out of X, Y or Z they liked to be with but THEN X Y or Z has to pick the same person as well to "win"...

Sometimes everyone goes home a loser.

And if everyone geos home a "winner" there is still that Fifth Wheel, left hangin' out to dry.

If my little explanation doesn't help then...

go <a href=http://www.5thwheeltv.com/getting_any.html>here</a> and check out the Episode Summaries...you'll see what I was trying to get at. Smile
they filmed this at my job a couple of weeks ago. it was totally set up, the people on the dates were kept seperate from each other while the entire crew ate dinner and then when they were ready to film, they put the 5th wheel in right away. in this one it was a chick and they were totally telling the dates what to do. they had the girl lick chocolate syrup off the guys head, and then they were having them give lapdances to each other around the pool table. and by the end of the night the crew was having me sneak them drinks and everyone was running around wasted. fun times.