Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Matsui now a Met
So now that Kaz Matsui is now a Met, do you think it will make any difference at all in helping them get out of the cellar of baseball. They are moving Jose Reyes to second base. Espn is already calling this an incredible infield tandem to turn double plays.. I think it might take Matsui a full year to get used to the much better baseball players we have here in the states, and I dont think it will do much this year to get them out of the cellar, but over the next few years it might help.
I like Matsui a lot. I think he's a really complete player and a valuable contributor. Didn't seem to be held back at all by the foreign conversion this year, and he'll continue to raise the level of hitting and fielding in NY.
we should be at least a .500 team next year. nothing great but we are improved with him on our team.

Lets get Vladimier G. (sp?) and K. Milwood and I'll truely become a believer of wild card aspirations for next season.
*LAFF* you do realize your talking about the Mets right?
[Image: floydsig.jpg]
<marquee>We are the music-makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams; World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.</marquee>
METS management needs to concentrate more on pitching. We get another solid ace or 2 and then talk about hitting and feilding
[Image: zoolander1.jpg]

[marquee]The trouble with the world is everybody in it is 3 drinks behind - Humphrey Bogart[/marquee]
I don't think our beloved Mets will be able to afford Millwood. What about that guy from Arizona who got let go?? And try to get Urbina, he has to be a better closer than Benitez.

As for Matsui, we'll see what happens. I like the fielding prospects of him, Reyes and Wiggie. Plus it gives Danny Garcia some more time to develop. But I agree we need pitching. Solid pitching. Leiter and Glavine are both on their last legs, and Seo ain't gonna be able to take all that pressure. Trachsel is hit or miss, and I dunno who anybody else is.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by 60FeetUnderWater
Lets get Vladimier G. (sp?) and K. Milwood and I'll truely become a believer of wild card aspirations for next season.

Milwood sucks balls.
[Image: hurricanecharley.jpg]
Fuck Guerrero...Pedro or Vladimir or otherwise. Bring back Payton at a bargain rate and pick up that pitcher from Arizona, I forgot his name.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
We got Milton, Worrel, Wagner...

You're all fucked.
[Image: hurricanecharley.jpg]