Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And so it starts again....
Christmas tree tragedies

LITITZ, Pa. (AP) -- A couple and their 7-year-old daughter died when a dried-out Christmas tree was apparently ignited by its lights and set fire to their home early Christmas morning, authorities said.

The fire broke out around 12:55 a.m. Thursday in the first-floor living room of a twin house in Warwick Township, authorities said.

R. Scott Schoenberger, 37, his wife, Rebecca Lynn, 37, and their daughter, Amanda Lynn, 7, were killed.

All were on the upper floor of the rented duplex and died of smoke inhalation, Lancaster County Coroner Dr. Barry Walp said.

Shortly before 1 a.m., a woman driving by saw smoke billowing from the house and pounded on the door and windows before going next door to alert a family of five living in the adjoining unit, Oettel said. All five escaped without injury.

Firefighters put out the flames out in about 90 minutes. The blaze was ruled accidental.

I know the AP jokes this may start. But for those of you who have the real trees, keep those things watered and when you're done, throw them out in the street. There's another story on the site about it happening up in Canada too. I worked last night,(12-26) and we had at least two fires in buildings that were Xmas trees left out in the halls and intentionally set. So be safe folks, from your friendly neighborhood FDNY Master of Disasters...
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!