Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sopranos - Season 5
Sunday, March 7th. Mark your calendars boys and girls.
Here is a clip from one of the upcoming episodes in case you haven't seen it yet.

Sopranos

Everyone keeps saying that this is definitely the last season, but I recently read that David Chase said he has yet another 10 episodes lined up for after this one. Now a normal season is 13 episodes so I don't understand why he only has plans for 10, but it's good to know they may be back again.

That leads me to a possible movie. Do any of you think a Sopranos movie would work or is it only suited for the small screen? I think if they stuck to one or two storylines then yes it could work in a 2-3 hour time frame, but considering they are used to dragging it out for 13 episodes (13 hours) I'm not sure how well it would translate to the big screen.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
couldn't come soon enough Smile
You are correct flock, this was supposed to be the final season but Chase has agreed to do one more season which will be 10 episodes.

Chase has said he will not do a movie and the reason that the final season is 10 episodes is that, those 10 episodes were gonna be the movie. They were gonna trim it down to 3 hours or so but with the freedom of a series they can spread it out and take more time.
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.cdih.net/ohsnap1.gif&quot;&gt;

&lt;b&gt;
&lt;marquee&gt;
&lt;FONT COLOR=&quot;WHITE&quot;&gt;
I &lt;3 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE MUSIC!!!&lt;/FONT&gt;
&lt;/marquee&gt;&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/center&gt;
Quote:Originally posted by Gonzo
You are correct flock, this was supposed to be the final season but Chase has agreed to do one more season which will be 10 episodes.

Chase has said he will not do a movie and the reason that the final season is 10 episodes is that, those 10 episodes were gonna be the movie. They were gonna trim it down to 3 hours or so but with the freedom of a series they can spread it out and take more time.

Yup, that was the interview I read as well, word for word. I couldn't find it though when I looked again. Thanks Gonzo.

I still don't get why 10 episodes instead of 13. If you are gonna put forth that much effort, what's 3 more episodes?
Not that I'm complaining, 10 episodes is better than none without a doubt. Just as long as they don't leave any stories unfinished like they've been known to do in the past. Speaking of, I also remember reading in that interview that the whole Russian who got shot in the head story still won't be covered. Not that it was a main storyline or anything, but it still would be nice to know what the hell happened out in those woods.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
Yeah they are dropping the russian but more sadly they are also dropping Furio Sad

&lt;b&gt;
&lt;marquee&gt;
here's the article

Quote:The Sopranos,\" which returns March 7 with 13 new episodes, begins with the \"Mafia class of 2004 hitting the streets,\" Chase said, speaking to the group via satellite from Paris.

Chase, usually coy about sharing plot details, gave a broad sense of what was in store for New Jersey mob boss Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini (news)), estranged wife Carmela (Edie Falco (news)) and the rest of the gang.

\"It has to do with the limitations of family relationships and friendships in a sort of materialist world,\" Chase said. \"And also the fact that Tony Soprano is kind of a mature boss.\"

But he's not yet a \"lion in winter,\" he added.

One more season, with 10 episodes, is planned for the critically acclaimed, Emmy-winning series.

Although there had been talk of a movie, Chase was uncertain about the possibility.

\"I wouldn't say no to that completely but these last 10 episodes will be that movie, I believe.\"

Chase was queried about the fate of two characters: Furio, who worked for Tony and flirted with Carmela before wisely leaving the country, and a Russian gangster who battled it out with Tony's boys in the woods.

Would Furio be back? \"He's gone.\" The Russian? \"He's gone.\"

&lt;b&gt;
&lt;marquee&gt;
i can't wait...
[Image: sig.gif]
After season 2....the series has seriously dissapointed me
[Image: zoolander1.jpg]

[marquee]The trouble with the world is everybody in it is 3 drinks behind - Humphrey Bogart[/marquee]
true but it's still head and shoulders above most all other TV series.

&lt;b&gt;
&lt;marquee&gt;
It all went downhill after they killed off Richie Aprille. Everyonce in awhile they had a really really good episode. The one with the russian was good, the one with Burt Young as Bobby Bacaleri's dad was good, and the infamous whacking of Ralph.....but thats about it. Lately they all just seem to be about Carmela's incesant whining about the welfare of the family, Tony cheating on her....blah blah blah. Its starting to get tiresome. They need to concentrate a little more on the mob storylines. I understand they need to show more of Tony's family life.....but its getting to be too much in my opinion.
[Image: zoolander1.jpg]

[marquee]The trouble with the world is everybody in it is 3 drinks behind - Humphrey Bogart[/marquee]