Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video link to C-span coverage on 2/11/04 with Mel Karmazin!
For those of you who had to work on that Wednesday (like I did) and missed this hearing on C-span, I found the link to the 3 hour and 10 minutes of video that was shot on that day. You have to have a RealOne Player to view this file, and it is worth installing it to view it...

3 hour (Real Media) Video link to the C-span's
"House Hearing on Broadcast Decency Standards" (02/11/2004)

With any of these type of hearing there is a lot of preliminary bullshit, and eventually I will watch the whole damn thing, but I skipped ahead to the (1hr 49min) mark and found a part where there NFL Commissioner just got done talking about the Superbowl incident, then Mel Karmazin made his first comments to the hearing.

Quote:(1hr 49min) - (2hr 1min) Mel Karmazin talking about Janet Jackson incident

(2hr 2min) - (2hr 7min) The HEART of the O&A situation discussed with Mel

(2hr 8min) - (2hr 10min) Mel talks more about MTV, Viacom and the Superbowl halftime show

(2hr 14min) - (2hr 16min) Mel talking about Kid Rock and the American Flag

(2hr 17min) - (2hr 22min) \"Mr. Bilirakis\" attacks Mel about Radio Decency Standards

(2hr 22min) - (2hr 29min) Congressman (Chairman) talks to both Mel and Paul Tagliabue.

I am sure there are many more hot points... but there is at least a handful of spots you can scan ahead to!

Cool
[Image: onatrixbanner.jpg]