Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whites Only scholarship
Well, this one is certainly going to go over well, especially considering what month this is.

In the infamous words of the great Reginald Denny, "Can't we all just get along?"

Whites Only

While I do agree with the fact that scholarships should be earned based on academic achievement and not on race, I find it sad and embarrassing that these lines still continue to divide us.
Funny, last time I looked at the calendar it said 2004, not 1954. :disappointed:
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
It's a joke. Try reading more than the headline.

And this was my favorite part of it.
Quote:\"Evidence of bleaching will disqualify applicants,\" says the application, issued by the university's College Republicans
[Image: hurricanecharley.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by Flock of Moosen
Well, this one is certainly going to go over well, especially considering what month this is.

In the infamous words of the great Reginald Denny, \"Can't we all just get along?\"

I thought that was Rodney Kings famous last words. Denny was the white guy who's beat down sparked the 1992 LA Riots.
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/madone/taymb.jpg&quot;&gt;&lt;/center&gt;&lt;center&gt; We don't want your forgiveness. We won't make excuses. We're not gonna blame you, even if you are an accessory... But we will not except your natural order. We didn't come for absolution, we didn't ask to be redeemed. But isn't how it is, every goddamn time... Your prayers are always answered, in the order they're received...

&lt;/center&gt;
Umm, sorry to disappoint, but I did read the whole thing. Show me one place that I said it was a real scholarship. I know this is only being done by a student group to protest affirmative action.

All I'm saying is it's stupid that in this day and age we still fight over race. Like I said, last I checked this was 2004, not 1954.
Quote:Originally posted by madmick
Quote:Originally posted by Flock of Moosen

In the infamous words of the great Reginald Denny, \"Can't we all just get along?\"

I thought that was Rodney Kings famous last words. Denny was the white guy who's beat down sparked the 1992 LA Riots.

My bad. For some reason I thought it was Denny that said that during a joint interview.
Wonder if anyone truely believes the not the color of the skin but content of their character part of the I have a Dream speech....sad
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
I do!!
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://scripts.cgispy.com/image.cgi?u=BlackLazerus2&quot;&gt;&lt;/center&gt;&lt;/b&gt;
WARNING WARNING WARNING!!!!
SLIGHTLY LONG ASS JBE REPLY!!!!
WARNING WARNING WARNING!!!!!

Laz, I believe in it too. Unfortunate as it is, apparently there are a lot who don't. If we lived in a perfect world, we wouldn't need affirmative action. But unfortunately we don't, and we need it. I don't like it, because it promotes the idea that minorities are inferior to caucasians, and it doesn't give some minorities incentive to work hard. Line of thinking, I only have to do this well cause they have to take me cause I am (insert race here). It shouldn't be that way. From what I can gather from reading this article, these kids have the right idea. They are trying to push some buttons. White kids getting scholarships simply because they are white?? ABSURD!!! As it should be for any race or ethnicity. Others may not look at it in the same way. But maybe one of these days we will live in a world, or a country where the thought of anyone being judged on the color of their skin, before the content of their character, or mind will be smiply that, absurd.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
But define affirmative action. On top of everything isn't it a way to get people into school based 'on the color of their skin'.

I'm all for the content of someone's character over the color of their sking. Maybe I just don't understand what exactly affirmative action is but for some reason I'm kind of not a big fan of it.
&lt;img src=&quot;http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/wilbraforce/sigs/headersig.jpg&quot;&gt;
Quote:Nothing

<-----Champion
[Image: hurricanecharley.jpg]