Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrestlmania XX
Quote:Originally posted by GreasyItalianPrincess
did the crowd ripping Brock for quitting come thru on the PPV????

Very loud and very clear.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
From 1wrestling.com

WRESTLEMANIA SETS RECORD AT GARDEN; $2.4 MILLION GROSS

The WWE issued a press release tonight to announce that Wrestlemania XX grossed over $2.4 million in ticket sales to become the highest grossing WWE event ever held at Madison Square Garden.
&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.cybercombatclub.com/jeux_videos_consoles_repertoire/mortal_kombat/mortalkombat_images_galleries_mortal_kombat/mortal_kombat_wallpapers1small.jpg&quot;&gt;
Mortal Kombat Grand Champion
Quote:Originally posted by GreasyItalianPrincess
did the crowd ripping Brock for quitting come thru on the PPV???? he got lambasted.

Oh yeah....it came through. The,
"YOU SOLD OUT" chant was loud and clear!! All in all, this ppv was dissapointing. I mean,shit..they brought the Rock N'Sock connection back and then had them lose. Whats the point in that??
Then there was all this hype leading up to Taker coming back and when he finally showed,he looked more like an extra from "City Slickers" than the "dead man" most of us expected. As far as the championship matches go..I dont know....I cant see Eddie Gurrero and Chris Benoit being the guys on top.
Who really thinks these guys are marketable?? They are terrible in interviews,they dont have an outstanding finishing move and are just not intimidating. They can wrestle..I'll give 'em that but at this point..we dont need another bunch of Bob Backlund's as champions. I want the action,the blood and the attitude.
Personally, I'm hoping that the rumors are true that Vince is going to bring back ECW. That would add some excietment and action to the industry!!!
&quot;I keep the bible in a pool of blood so that none of its lies can affect me&quot;
Thank you for filling in the blanks, my $50 was well saved.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Quote: I mean,shit..they brought the Rock N'Sock connection back and then had them lose. Whats the point in that??

That match was a catapult for Orton to get towards the top. What sense would it make to push Orton to the moon, like they've been doing, and then have him lose to 2 guys who wrestle sporadically at best. The Rock and Foley know how to work. They know when they should go over and they know how to give guys the rub. Think back, is there any way that Rock had any business losing to Goldberg last year....no but since he was leaving anyway, it made Goldie look better and that's what it's all about.

For years on end, people on the internet have been yelling and screaming for Benoit to be champion...he's the posterboy for smarks on the net. Well now he's got his chance, I think he'll make a pretty good champ. He has the most intense promos in the business now and he knows how to work and can put on 4-5 star matches. As always it depends on who they pit him against and how they put him over them that will tell how good a champ he is. Guerrero is Benoit's twin brother almost, but his promos are a little more entertaining and not as intense. he's creative and he is WAY OVER with the crowd. I'd even go out on a limb and say he is the new "people's champ" His major problem is, after defeating Angle, where is there for him to go...with Brock gone, there is no giant for him to slay...with Angle defeated he doesn't need to go back there....UT...I don't know if we need him trying to knock off a face champ, but after him there is.....................?? I think Edge would make an awesome challenger for the belt and with the athletic ability their matches would be insane. I know this isn't going to happen, but a post-wrestlemania show partial shake-up would really benefit everyone. I think christian, Hardy, Storm, Edge and hurricane would be better served on Smackdown and UT and Big Show would be better on Raw. They just both seem out of place on a more wrestling show that smackdown is. I could be wrong though and Vince loves the big guys so you probably have to sprinkle in a couple on SD to make him happy. But it's what I would do. While I'm making demands...can we get rid of Jackie Gayda again...she brings nothing but wardrobe malfunctions to raw and its not enough...I don't want to hear Stacy's mouth anymore either. She looks good but when she talks, it all goes downhill...I liked her better when she had her clipboard scouting WCW talent. Give ultimo dragon a chance, he was hugely over with the MSG crowd, which went dead when he was eliminated in the cruiserweight match. That's all for now....maybe I'll come up with more later
[center]&lt;img src=&quot;http://home.mindspring.com/~faceman713/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/kobe.jpg&quot;&gt;

Kids, this is a message from your Uncle Billy. Don't buy drugs. Wait until you're a rock star, and they give them to you for free!

[/center]
Quote:Now on smackdown with eddie, cena and the fat man and little shit you have 3 FACE CHAMPIONS??? WTF is that about...someone please get the belts on The artists formerly Knows as Team Angle and quick.

Just wait it out. You forget....all new storylines start after WM. The RAW right after is usually a really good one. SMACKDOWN should be no exception.
[Image: zoolander1.jpg]

[marquee]The trouble with the world is everybody in it is 3 drinks behind - Humphrey Bogart[/marquee]