Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danny Glover FIRED for being uppity negro.
Quote:Just curious, why do agree with a letter of support for Fidel Castro?

I don't necessarily agree with a letter of support for Castro. I'm of the opinion that our uneven and harsh treatment of the Cuban goverment in comparison with China deserves to be reexamined. I also think that our policy towards Cuba has done more harm than good. While I would not want to live in Cuba, many people that live in Cuba are suffering now not because Castro didn't live up to his promises for the new Cuba, but because the United States has made it impossible for the Cuban government to generate the income necessary to support the country.

The US consistently supports dictatorships until said dictatorships do not simply follow orders and work for the benefit of the US government.

Democracy doesn't work everywhere, and the reason for this is because not every country is blessed with natural resources and a seemingly endless labor supply. That being said, Casto's civil right abuses and inhuman treatment of Cuba's citizens warrant harsh sentiment, but I don't see where his actions are any different from the countless other nations that our Government provides aid to.

The only difference is that Castro has not caved in and his defiance and ability to stay in power is a thorn in the US's side. The USSR came down before him, that has to hurt.
<center>[Image: ymbbox.jpg]
<font color=red><font size=3>KiSs My AsS</font></font></center>
Thank you. I definitely don't agree with a letter in support of Castro, but I can understand what you're saying. Gotta love someone with thought behind their words.
Quote:Originally posted by Silera
Quote:Just curious, why do agree with a letter of support for Fidel Castro?

I don't necessarily agree with a letter of support for Castro. I'm of the opinion that our uneven and harsh treatment of the Cuban goverment in comparison with China deserves to be reexamined. I also think that our policy towards Cuba has done more harm than good. While I would not want to live in Cuba, many people that live in Cuba are suffering now not because Castro didn't live up to his promises for the new Cuba, but because the United States has made it impossible for the Cuban government to generate the income necessary to support the country.

The US consistently supports dictatorships until said dictatorships do not simply follow orders and work for the benefit of the US government.

Democracy doesn't work everywhere, and the reason for this is because not every country is blessed with natural resources and a seemingly endless labor supply. That being said, Casto's civil right abuses and inhuman treatment of Cuba's citizens warrant harsh sentiment, but I don't see where his actions are any different from the countless other nations that our Government provides aid to.

The only difference is that Castro has not caved in and his defiance and ability to stay in power is a thorn in the US's side. The USSR came down before him, that has to hurt.

* claps * that is one of the biggest problems with our government they continue to make the same mistakes over and over.

China's treatment of people is 10 times worse than Cuba's and Cuba is pretty bad. but Cuba doesn't have much to offer America ( cept some tasty cigars).
Let them discover Oil in Cuba , the government would be tripping over themselves to release all the blockades on them.

look at all the countries that we have helped get freedom that have turned there backs on us as soon as we leave.

This is why I hate when a republican gets into office they concentrate on policing the world even though or domestic affairs are going down the shitter.
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://scripts.cgispy.com/image.cgi?u=BlackLazerus2&quot;&gt;&lt;/center&gt;&lt;/b&gt;
Perhaps you'd like to post in the What Would You Do thread?

And don't you think it's a little too easy to say "republicans", like all republicans are bad, and all democrats are good. That makes me crazy.
Quote:Originally posted by MYLF
Perhaps you'd like to post in the What Would You Do thread?

And don't you think it's a little too easy to say \"republicans\", like all republicans are bad, and all democrats are good. That makes me crazy.

ok most republicans are bad
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://scripts.cgispy.com/image.cgi?u=BlackLazerus2&quot;&gt;&lt;/center&gt;&lt;/b&gt;
MYLF don't get me started on that topic...

I LIKE a balance of power in government,
now while I tend to like more of the policies held by the Democrats I don't dismiss the ideas of Republicans...

YET if you listen to talk radio,
or watch Fox News
or listen at the water cooler,

it seems these days MOST Republicans have utter disdain for Democrats.

Liberal has become a dirty word'
"Dems" are misguided, treasonous, in fact ALL our countries problems can apparently be traced to Clinton,
or some earlier Democratic President,
It drives me crazy.
I'm a registered republican, but I don't necessarily follow party lines. Am I bad? :bouncy:
How does this sound:

A celebraty who is unpopular is not viewed in the same light as a company looking to make their product popular?

Case Study: Pepsi

Used Michael Jackson, MC Hammer, Britney Spears,... at the height of their popularity because Pepsi wanted the population to associate the love they had for these performers with their product.

Notice how Pepsi no longer employs Michael Jackson or MC Hammer.

But also note something else: Movie Actor's careers are dependant on by being highly popular or highly villianized. If Matt Damon was caught molesting a little boy, I highly doubt he would be in the next Kevin Smith movie. Now if Linda Floentino was found to have molested a little boy, everyone would run out to see her next film since all the characters she plays are sluts.

And we should improve relations with Cuba, but since I am not a politician and can not change laws, I would not publically try to circumvent the government. I would work with the government and the system because if I didn't, the system (not just the government) would come back and bite me in the ass.
&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.blazingconcepts.com/img/syd/sloatsig.jpg&quot;&gt;

________________________________________________________________________________________
&lt;center&gt;Boy the way Glen Miller played,
songs that made the hit parade,
guys like us we had it made,
those were the days,
and you know where you were then,
girls were girls and men were men,
mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again,
didn't need no welfare states
everybody pulled his weight,
gee our old Lasalle ran great,
those were the days!&lt;/center&gt;
Quote:Originally posted by Sloats
How does this sound:

A celebraty who is unpopular is not viewed in the same light as a company looking to make their product popular?

Case Study: Pepsi

Used Michael Jackson, MC Hammer, Britney Spears,... at the height of their popularity because Pepsi wanted the population to associate the love they had for these performers with their product.

Notice how Pepsi no longer employs Michael Jackson or MC Hammer.

But also note something else: Movie Actor's careers are dependant on by being highly popular or highly villianized. If Matt Damon was caught molesting a little boy, I highly doubt he would be in the next Kevin Smith movie. Now if Linda Floentino was found to have molested a little boy, everyone would run out to see her next film since all the characters she plays are sluts.

And we should improve relations with Cuba, but since I am not a politician and can not change laws, I would not publically try to circumvent the government. I would work with the government and the system because if I didn't, the system (not just the government) would come back and bite me in the ass.

Following anyone blindly without ever questioning is why regimes like the Nazi's are successful.
Just go along with the government if that was the case then america would be a commonwealth of england and spain.
And as a Minority in America they are going to bite you in the ass anyway.. so why not fight.
I'm not saying "go along with the government". I saying work with the system. I don't know about you, but I got a damn blue box in front of my house that wasn't there in the 70's. Some one saw a problem and while some protested and some made bullshit doomsday predictions, somebody got off their ass, researched history, law, cause and effect, cost, and benefits. Then they made a proposal to both local and state governments, got a couple of laws written up and now when I open a can of mandarin oranges, I have to keep the damn can on my counter for a week.

And I have bought products before simply because the company was supporting a show/entertainer/athlete that I enjoyed.
&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.blazingconcepts.com/img/syd/sloatsig.jpg&quot;&gt;

________________________________________________________________________________________
&lt;center&gt;Boy the way Glen Miller played,
songs that made the hit parade,
guys like us we had it made,
those were the days,
and you know where you were then,
girls were girls and men were men,
mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again,
didn't need no welfare states
everybody pulled his weight,
gee our old Lasalle ran great,
those were the days!&lt;/center&gt;