Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The joys of getting older
Aside from not being as agile as I once was or the fact that it's much harder to keep weight off, I've never thought of myself as "getting older". That was until today.

I'm outside cutting the grass and a volleyball from across the street flies over the fence so I grab it and throw it back to them. The words that came from one of the guy's mouth shocked me. "Thank you sir." SIR?
What happened to the days of being called bud, or dude, or man? I'm sir now? I've always considered that a term for older gentlemen, something I never considered myself until today.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized I am getting up there in age whether I like it or not. It's sad, but it's true. Sad

My advice for you "younger" people. Don't ever bitch or moan if you feel you're not being taken seriously because of your age because before you know it your youth will be gone and you'll wonder where the hell it disappeared to.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
I'll be 29 next month, and people always think I'm closer to 22 or 23. I get proofed every time I try to buy beer at a store or walk into a bar. People are always shocked when I tell them how old I am.

Oh sorry, this probably isn't helping you feel much better.

Umm, I do have a few gray hairs. But I shave my head, so you would never know.

Sad
The first time I felt "not so young" anymore was when I went up for a rebound and when I landed, my knees were like, "uh...ouch. that sucked. don't do that jumping stuff anymore, ok?"

Feeling your body age does indeed suck.

then again - fuck puberty, high school, not having a license and having a curfew.

So, shit, I guess it isn't all bad. right?
Every day I think I'm gonna' die.

That should help you.

It doesn't help me, but I've decided I'm slowly losing my mind.

This isn't a joke in case any of you think I'm kidding.
<center>[Image: alkeysalsa.jpg]</center>
<font color=red><marquee>You ain't no motha'fuckin' bully... and I ain't bowin' to no motha'fuckin' bully... I won't allow it ain't gon' cowar to no bully, I'll be damned if I don't stand up to a bully... fight like a man and throw my hands up to a bully...</font></marquee>
Quote:Originally posted by IrishAlkey
Every day I think I'm gonna' die.

That should help you.

It doesn't help me, but I've decided I'm slowly losing my mind.

This isn't a joke in case any of you think I'm kidding.

achilles' heel.

exposed.

Angel
I still have the power to ban you until the last breath escapes my lounges.
<font color=red><marquee>You ain't no motha'fuckin' bully... and I ain't bowin' to no motha'fuckin' bully... I won't allow it ain't gon' cowar to no bully, I'll be damned if I don't stand up to a bully... fight like a man and throw my hands up to a bully...</font></marquee>
Quote:Originally posted by IrishAlkey
I still have the power to ban you until the last breath escapes my lounges.

This is true but, will you ever have the power to spell "lungs" correctly?

Tongue

(yes, I still ache from my "laundromat" lesson. I finally exacted my pound of flesh. Shit, took long enough.)
Quote:Originally posted by Ants in My Pants
I'll be 29 next month, and people always think I'm closer to 22 or 23.
You're gonna be 29?!?! I always thought you were closer to 22 or 23. Wink
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
Remind me never to tell you fucks anything ever again.
oh, just go ahead, abuse your mod powers and delete this thread if its' REALLY bothering you. Confusedmug: