Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Anger
I know the single absolutely blows, but how is the rest of the album? Is it worth buying? If possible, try to keep responses of the album to people who have actually HEARD the album. I'm getting a little sick of the programmed "Metallica isn't as good as it used to be" blanket response. If the album sucks that's fine, but don't say it if you haven't heard it, it doesn't make you look cool in front of your 14 yr old friends.

All this to avoid wasting $10 on a cd that could suck.
well, if you "hate" the single then I'd suggeest avoiding the album then.

I loved the single hence/thus/then I went out and bought the album the day it came out.

Listen to it almost everyday, if not everyday. Confusedpin:

heavier and faster than Load & Reload.

More gooder than not. IMO.
Hetfield said on Behind the Music a number of years ago that Metallica has pretty much Carte Blanche(look at me using the big important words) They can do whatever the hell they want. While I didn't care for Load and Reload was ok, this album sucks. Yes it is heavier than earlier stuff, but it's like a mess, tempo changes for no reason, Lars drum sounds like a marching snare drum. If you hear all the reviews as to how they sound like a garage band without trying to, believe them. There are so many bands that try something different and it blows up in their faces, this album I feel is that album for Metallica, it is going to alienate all the old school hardcore fans even more than Load did, imho. Yes I know I have a quote from Metallica on my posts, but that's cause Fuel was a kick ass song.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
i HATED the single when it vcame out and th album wasnt really winning me over eighter, but the song is kinda growing on me.