Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the NY Rangers next coach is...
the man who signs the checks himself.

--------

SATHER TO REMAIN BEHIND BENCH

Glen Sather will retain head coaching duties.
Rangers President and GM Glen Sather announced today that he will retain the head coaching duties of the hockey team that he assumed on January 30, 2003. In 28 contests behind the Blueshirt bench last season, Sather posted an 11-10-4-3 record. This marks the third NHL coaching stint of his professional career, following two separate coaching runs with the Edmonton Oilers (1979-80 through 1988-89 and 1993-94).

source: NewYorkRangers.com

------

Being that there aren't many great choices out there - I'll go along with this one. Hell, he made Trots install a walkie talkie system in the bench (and I'm sure he would have done that with the next coach, regardless of their experience - and that would have only underminded their authority as head coach), he may as well come down to the bench and do the job his damn self. And I like that the team played better than not under Sathers' "rule" this past season.

On a side note - latest word is that Lindros will be WAIVED.

If so...MORE GOODER FOR US! Peace out to Lindros - you faggot.
Because he's doing such a bang up job as GM, why not give him more responsibility and coach the team as well.

Do you think his GM self ever had a conversation with his coaching self to figure out if he'd be a good fit for the team?
Quote:Originally posted by Six-Pack
Because he's doing such a bang up job as GM, why not give him more responsibility and coach the team as well.

Do you think his GM self ever had a conversation with his coaching self to figure out if he'd be a good fit for the team?

if not Slats then who?

this is what I ask myself...and this is why I'll TOLERATE this decision.

He finished with an above .500 record last season with the team...above .500 for the entire season USUALLY means playoff contention...and it's been reported previously that the players enjoy playing for him.

So, again - if not Slats then who?

(don't you dare mention Nolan, Melrose, Brooks or Keenan...or Bowman - all of those choices are either unrealistic or just plain no good...can't go with former Islander coach Laviolette either, not after last years Ex-Islander coaching debacle)

And by the way - Like I mentioned before, Slats would most definitely force the head coach to have a walkie talkie system in place so that Slats could communicate during the game to his coach and what respectful coach would tolerate that?
Yeah, real good move there. :lol:

By the way, for those who haven't heard, Messier is gone too.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>