CDIH

Full Version: Dubya's State of the Union speech
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't see it, can someone summarize plz?
lots of applause and empty promises
i graduated college?
It seemed like every other state of the union I'd ever seen (read: boring as all hell) but all the talking heads I saw on MSNBC and CNN said it was a masterful speech, one of the best he'd ever given, blah blah blah.

What I do know is that he's fucking right on Social Security. I hate that damn thing.
social security should be changed but not in the way he proposes
he didnt propose anything, he rolled off a bunch of proposals other people had come up with.
Summary:

We are winning the war in Iraq
We are winning the war on terrorism
The economy is strong
Millions of new jobs are being created
Condolezza Rice will be the best Secretary of State ever
Bush has named a black woman. an Hispanic, a Jew, a black man and a veteran to high cabinet positions. This makes him a man of the people.
No new taxes
No draft
No abortions
Claims he does not see himself as a king
Did I miss anything?
After seeing a picture of you, all the posts you made about your sexual exploits with young women just gets hilariouser and hilariouser
Quote:Did I miss anything?

Syria & Iran are way at the top of the "shit list"
Quote:After seeing a picture of you, all the posts you made about your sexual exploits with young women just gets hilariouser and hilariouser

The fact that an old ugly fuck like me still has game should give you hope. Hang in there, you'll get lucky eventually.
Keyser Soze Wrote:he didnt propose anything, he rolled off a bunch of proposals other people had come up with.
People come up with proposals for the president to claim as his own ideas all the time. Don't you watch the West Wing? ???
Quote:'AMERICAN IDOL' TOPS NETWORK COVERAGE FOR STATE OF UNION
Thu Feb 03 2005 10:42:09 ET

The U.S broadcast TV audience would rather watch freaks sing out of tune than President Bush and Democrats wax politics, overnight ratings show.

One hour of IDOL on one network pulled a higher ratings average than 2 hours of STATE OF THE UNION -- on three networks, combined!

IDOL/FOX [8 PM ET]

17.9 RATING/26 SHARE

STATE OF THE UNION TOTAL BROADCAST NETWORK AVG [9-11 PM ET]

17.6 RATING/26 SHARE

MORE

Flying solo without Democrats during the 9 PM [ET] hour, Bush did top IDOL, but it took all 4 major broadcast networks to do it. The 9 PM total combined average on ABCCBSFOXNBC hit a 22.4 rating/31 share.

But when Bush left the stage, and the Democrats and media analysis took over, the numbers faded.

STATE OF UNION 10 PM ET/COMBINED 3 NETWORK AVG. [ABC, CBS, NBC]

12.8 RATING/20 SHARE

All numbers do not include cable news coverage of the Washington event.

Developing...

Filed By Matt Drudge

YEAH, BITCHES!
The Jays Wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote:he didnt propose anything, he rolled off a bunch of proposals other people had come up with.
People come up with proposals for the president to claim as his own ideas all the time. Don't you watch the West Wing? ???
i know, but he was like "well social security is gonna go bankrupt in a couple of years, i dunno what we are gonna do but heres some ideas some congressmen are kicking around, someone better fix that shit!"
You missed the part where the Democrats started booing Bush and Bush basicly said, if you have a better plan, show it to me because to date I haven't seen anything.

It was a Presidential bitchslap.
they're both clueless
I don't know much about the system Bush is proposing.
I think privatization could help though.
I mean, it's better than the current system if limits are set on how much someon can draw out until they're of retirement age.

What I didn't like though, was his comment that people only had 5 choices on where to put it? I'm assuming they're the most stable money makers and that's the reason but like I said, I don';t know much about his proposition.