CDIH

Full Version: Superbowl prop betting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've bet on sports exactly once in my life (and won betting the under on the Steelers/Dallas SuperBowl).

Now, I want to waste some money parlaying a few prop bets. What are the sites I should go? Which ones are the easiest to navigate, and won't steal all my money? My brother came back with a list of prop lines that someone gave him at work. I have no idea where they are from

And if you have any good prop bets you think are good, lay them on me.

A few that caught my eye

OVER: Westbrook Rush attempts: 12 1/2
OVER: Givins Receptions: 4
UNDER: Owens receiving yards: 42 1/2
OVER: Receiving Yards vs. Pinkston + 17 1/2
OVER: Greg Lewis first reception: 8 1/2
OVER: Minutes of longest scoring drive 6 1/2
FIELD: First player to score a TD (Not McNabb, Owens, G Lewis, C Lewis, Westbrook, or T Brown) - pays off 8:1

Another thing. I went to two quick sites that I've heard: VIP Sports and Bet-on Sports, and there looks to be an arbitrage opportunity

VIPSports has an O/U of Rushing Yards by Westbrook of 70 1/2 yards. BetonSports has an O/U of 64 1/2. Both have what looks like an "even" payout on the over, while VIP is (-130) on the under and Beton is (-140) on the under. I have no idea what either of this means. Does the -130 mean that I'd have to put $130 down to win $100? I thought O/U meant that you bet $100. Pick the over or under. If you win you get a hundred no matter what your side.

Surely, I'm missing something, because it looks like I can put $100 on the over on BetonSports (64 1/2) and $100 on the under at VIPSports (70 1/2) and ensure that I'm going to win one of them. If Westbrook happens to rush between 65 and 70, I win both. Now, that's not very likely, but can I assume there are other discrepencies between passing yards, TDs, competions, attempts for Brady and McNabb, yards receiving, rushing, receptions for everyone else? If I just bet a bunch on both sides, took the free yards that I was given, I'd be assured of winning
degenerate
Someone has to resolve this before sunday, it can't possibly be right, otherwise we'd be printing money!!!
wouldn't you break even on the over though. since you bet $100 on the under and the over has an even payout?
but yes, (-140) means bet 140 win 100. (+140) means bet 100 win 140
without going into a mathametical breakdown, the only way i see you coming ahead with this is if westbrook goes between 65 and 70. prop bets are set up so that the - always exceeds the +, so you can't win by betting on both sides
Oh, so it does mean that I'd have to bet $130 to win $100 on the under? That's crap.

So that question is answered, what about the other ones. Where should I bet? What site is good? What prop bets would be recommended?
What are you keyser? make up your own mind
if i had a ton of money, i'd do this one

Will there be a Safety
02/06/05 710 Yes +600 OFF OFF
18:25 ET No -900 OFF OFF

and bet like $10,000 on no. that's a free 1100 bucks.
Quote:WIN -- OVER: Westbrook Rush attempts: 12 1/2
LOSS -- OVER: Givins Receptions: 4
LOSS -- UNDER: Owens receiving yards: 42 1/2
WIN -- OVER: Receiving Yards vs. Pinkston + 17 1/2 (That was supposed to be Branch + 17 1/2 -- which can be proven that I actually put money down on Branch to reach 100 yards)
WIN -- OVER: Greg Lewis first reception: 8 1/2
LOSS -- OVER: Minutes of longest scoring drive 6 1/2
WIN -- FIELD: First player to score a TD (Not McNabb, Owens, G Lewis, C Lewis, Westbrook, or T Brown) - pays off 8:1

4-3 including an 8:1 bet. Now, I didn't make any of these bets, but these were my calls.
you should've did what i said and you'd have had a cool 1100 bucks
I should have bet that Givins was going to score a TD. It was such a no-brainer.
the safety looked pretty close at the end of the game. i could have easily seen mcnabb going down in the end zone while trying to get a hail mary
i was thinking of sleeper in the final 50 seconds