CDIH

Full Version: I will never buy another ATI Product again..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I got my new motherboard and processor combo last October, it had a PCI Express slot instead of AGP..

At the time, I was thinking that this would be a good option to go with, as I could upgrade my Nvidia FX5600 video card and go with the just released ATI X700 PCIE card. It was getting rave reviews at the time (dunno what it is getting now).

Now that I am on my 4th card that is doing the same thing, I am fed up with ATI. (Card will work fine for a while, but all of a sudden my screen will flicker on and off like it is refreshing. It does it numerous times. Very frustrating.) I will be going back to Nvidia as the 6600 is out. I realize that I will be cutting the memory in half, but it will be worth it to regain the stability that I am used to.

Also, the 6600 @ 128MB ram benchmarks close to the 6800 anyways, so its good enough for me.
my 9700 Pro runs smoothly - never had an issue with it.

the X800 AGP boards get rave reviews, I dont know much about PCIE except that it's new - which means it probably has bug issues.
when i had video card problems i managed to fix them by cleaning the scuzzi. worked like a charm!!
Yeah, but you have a Mac.

That makes your opinion and advice null and void.

In fact, it zeros out any credibility you may ever have had.
this may be true but i have a clean scuzzi.