CDIH

Full Version: the whitehouse pressroom.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is actually really small.
It is actually also really disgusting looking. It's all nasty and ratty looking.
It's also built over a pool
The weirdest thing is that there are people from various news stations who just sit there all day long just in case something happens. They just sit there with their laptops watching DVDs all day. They (I assume) get paid for this, yet it appears to be the most boring job in the world.
Other observations.
There are no roses in the rose garden, and it's really really small.
The East wing of the white house is boring. The West Wing is cool. The Oval office is really badass. The doors are like 6-8 inches thick, and there's all these cameras and motion sensors outside it.
There's an area in the gallows of the whitehouse where you can see where it was burnt from the War of 1812. It's right near all these tunnels that lead to somewhere that have different colored stars, which I assume say who goes where in case of problems.
The situation room is really the only place in the whitehouse that you can't see see no matter what your conenctions if you don't have top secret clearance. Well, that and the presidential residence. But I was right outside the door. And when some lady came out, I saw inside (but it was just a corridor to see inside). There are always about 5-10 people in there 24/7 including one person from the CIA, FBI, etc, etc and everything that happens on the planet of importance gets funneled through that room.
was today the school trip to the white house? damn! i must have overslept and missed the bus.
just because you're not friends with 2nd LT and head of IT security for the National Security Advisor's office and therefore can't get a private tour of the west wing, don't get all bitchy
I had a chance to tour the White House once, but I passed it up in order to get more sleep.

I wish I hadn't.
Galt Wrote:just because you're not friends with 2nd LT and head of IT security for the National Security Advisor's office and therefore can't get a private tour of the west wing, don't get all bitchy
did your mommy sign your permission slip?