CDIH

Full Version: Worst film by great director
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm bored, so I came up with some of the most popular directors still working and picked their worst movie. I'm only including movies made when the director had control or somewhat control, meaning they decided to make this movie.

Robert Altman- "Ready To Wear"
Francis Ford Coppola- "Jack"
Oliver Stone- "U-Turn"
Steven Spielberg- "Hook"
Brian DePalma- "Mission to Mars"
Spike Lee- "Girl 6"
Roman Polanski- "The Ninth Gate"
William Friedkin- "Jade"
Sidney Lumet- "Gloria"
Stanley Kubrick- "Eyes Wide Shut"
I defy you to find one bad Scorsese movie. I tried. I'm sorry but Titanic flat out sucks, Cameron isn't a great director in my eyes aside from Terminator but many put him up there with the best so I suppose that counts.
I didn't like "Bringing out the Dead" by Scoresese. Also, "Jackie Brown" was an awful follow up to a brilliant first 2 films by Tarantino.
Keyser Soze Wrote:I defy you to find one bad Scorsese movie.
King of Comedy, The (1983)
Color of Money, The (1986)
Age of Innocence, The (1993)
Bringing Out the Dead (1999)
King of Comedy fuckin rocked! I think its his most underrated film. De Niro at his comedic best.

Edited By The Sleeper on Mar. 30 2002 at 2:33
Quote:Color of Money, The (1986)
I actually liked that movie.
Color of money had the potential to be as good, if not better than 'the Hustler'. You had so much raw energy and power there with the cast and crew and the director, it just never lived up to much. The character development was not there, Vince was portrayed perfectly by cruise but the character himself was one-dimsensional. Mastrantonio was horrible, she totally ruins any movie I seen with her in it. She was horrid in The Abyss, I skip any scene with her in Scarface, except when she dies in Pacino's office.
Spielberg: AI what a piece of fuckin shit movie this was. I liked nothing, not a fuckin thing about this flick.
Eyes Wide Shut - Kubrick
Godfather III - Coppola
I love King Of Comedy, come on, Rupert Pupkin alone makes it a classic. Color of Money?? Maybe not up to Scorcese standards a good movie but a solid flick nonetheless. Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio's ass looks fantastic in it to boot, all due to Scorcese's direction i'm sure.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Mar. 30 2002 at 3:10
<ul>Tim Burton - Planet of the Apes
the Coen Brothers - Blood Simple
George Lucas - Episode 1
Oliver Stone - Any Given Sunday
Tarantino - Four Rooms
Robert Altman - Godsford Park
Rob Reiner - North
Spike Lee - Summer of Sam
David Fincher - 8mm</ul>
All well and good yet you have yet to defend, Bringing Out the Dead.....

<table style=filterConfusedhadow(color=RED)>DO IT TOUGH GUY!!!!</table>
Haven't seen it. And I actually liked Summer of Sam but I thought Girl 6 sucked aside from the fact it was packed with some real POAs.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Mar. 30 2002 at 3:17
Keyser Soze Wrote:Haven't seen it. And I actually liked Summer of Sam but I thought Girl 6 sucked aside from the fact it was packed with some real POAs.
Summer of Sam? You liked that? Stop ass-kissing Sean.
AM gets the obscure reference award of the week and my undying love.
Now I gotta rent it again. I didn't know I was in the midst of a movie star.
I was paid for extra work one time but never made the final cut, I forget the name of the movie.
Francis Ford Coppola's worst film HAS to be Jack, God that was a piece of shit
Althought it wasn't that bad, I didn't think that "Storytelling" was nearly up to Par with Solondz's other two movies: Happiness and Welcome to the Dollhouse.
I agree that 8MM and Bringing out the Dead are very bad movies from great directors. Most every one has a really bad movie.

All but Andy Sidaris. No one can find a bad Andy Sidaris movie. Special Agents + Hot Chicks + Helicopters are a great formula for cinematic success.
Pages: 1 2