CDIH

Full Version: The ECW PPV...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Started out shitty, but the second half was fucking great. Tanaka/Awesome was a really good match which surprised me, seriously, as good or better than their FMW stuff (which is saying a lot), Paul Heyman and RVD(!) both cut nice promos, and the main event (Dreamer/Sandman vs The Dudleys w/lots of interference) was really fun.

I wish they would've given more time to the first few matches like Storm/Jericho and Benoit/Guerrero but...whatever. Definitely order the replay or download if you didn't see this.
I'm planning on downloading it - was it all ECW or were there indeed WWE people thrown in also? Hearing that was probably gonna happen really turned me off.
The matches were all ECW, but there was definitely a WWE presence, though it wasn't huge. Still, there was no bullshit "WWE wrestlers challenge ECW wrestlers to a match" like I was afraid would happen.

Definitely download it, especially for Tanaka/Awesome. This match was fucking BRUTAL!
I'm reading the recap on Rajah - the RVD & Heyman shoots sound amazing.
RVD's promo was something I never expected. It was fucking gold...usually he talks worse than Dubya.

And Paul E. was, as always, incredible.
i heard the whole thing was pretty short, which was disappointing
The Awesome/Tanaka match was really good, but I never figured Id ever see Mike Awesome working again 'cause of the shit he did to ECW. I was expecting more of the mid-card ECW guys to have matches, like Danny Doring and Roadkill and Balls Mahoney and such.
i would never call balls mid-card! he was the shit!
You're a huge fan of Balls.
you're not??
keep it to the wrestling forum, losers
You guys still watch the shit that Vince puts out on a weekly basis?

Let me know if and when it ever gets good again.
I was wondering when Sgt. Squeegie would chime in
Jack Wrote:You guys still watch the shit that Vince puts out on a weekly basis?

I think thats the point of this thread.

Overall I loved it, it wasn't as great as the real ECW PPV's but much better than the half assed shit WWE has been putting out since they became the wrestling monopoly. Wrestling will never be as fun as it was when wcw, ecw, and wwf were in competition in the late 90's.
ProWrestlingTorrents fucking rules - thanks again Sir O.
[Image: Video.canam.canadian%20nude%20oil%20wrestling.cnow1.jpg]
homo
Jack Wrote:You guys still watch the shit that Vince puts out on a weekly basis?

I can't speak for anyone else, but no, I don't watch the shit Vince puts out on a weekly basis. The WWE right now is unwatchable garbage and once in a while I'll try to watch but never sit through an entire show, or even close really. But I still check out the wrestling websites occasionally just to see what's going on and if things are getting better (sort of like how I still consider myself a Knicks fan, even though I can't watch their fucking games cause they suck so bad). Like Gonzo said, this wasn't the greatest show or even as good as classic ECW, but it was nice to at least have a halfway decent American wrestling show for the first time in what seems like forever.
I'm psyched for the next WWE PPV, HHH Vs. Batista for the 10th straight PPV!!!

The storylines blow, the characters blow, most of the wrestlers blow and it seems like Vince's current writing staff are... actually it seems he has no one working on the show.

Vince's big Idea.... a New Raw/Smackdown Draft... for the 4th time.
someone needs to step up and start a new fed - there's obviously a desire from the fans. There's also loads of talent out there. TNA seemed to have the right idea, but they started signing assholes like Hogan & Nash, all these old fucks just to fill seats to make an impression to get a TV sopt.

I havent bothered to watch WWE in like a year, except for Wrestlemania 'cause those are usually alright plus it's like the world series of wrestling.

This ECW PPV was awesome - moreso because, as Sir O said, you dont see anything near the caliber of this entertainment anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3