CDIH

Full Version: Does I have a drinkning problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So on the way home from work Friday, I stop and get a 12-pack of Honey Brown, do my laundry, and start organizing my closet. 9 HB's later I go out to the Palms where I win $20. Could have been better, could have been worse. I get 2 jack and cokes while there, get home, and have one last beer before calling it a night at around midnight.

Saturday I start drinking at 10:30am, finish the remaining 2 honey brown's, finish organizing my closet, and get a 12 of Labatts. It had been almost a year since they had Labatts, so it was quite a treat. Have 7 of these, list some crap on eBay, and call it a night around midnight again.

Sunday I start drinking at 11am, finish listing shit on eBay, finish the 5 Labatts by 2:00, go out to get a bite to eat and an 18 pack of MGD.

Now it's almost midnight, I've been drinking for over 12 hours, have had 11 MGD's (that's 16 total for the day), and I feel perfectly fine. Usually by now I'd have a headache or feel tired (albeit not drunk) and just go to sleep. The only reason I will stop drinking is that I have to wake up at 5 to go to work tomorrow. And the fact of the matter is I will get up in time, shave, shower, go to work, do what needs to get done, and come home. During the course of the week I will finish off the remaining 7 beers, list the rest of my eBay shit, pay my bills, and go to work every single day.

But the fact still remains that I have consumed 35 beers over the course of 55 hours. I've drank a lot in my time, but I'm pretty sure this sets some kind of personal record. Yet at the same time, I got everything accomplished that I had intented to (closet/eBay crap), and will work a full 40-hour week. Still, there is that slight doubt in the back of my head that I am seriously fucked up and might want to at least consider the possibility of stopping drinking for at least a few weeks.

So, would this constitute as a drinking problem? Keep in mind I have drank like this (granted not 35, but somewhere near there) consistently over the last several weekends. I have missed one day of work all year (during March Madness when I was actually a little bit sick) and have paid every single bill on time. My grammar and overall typing skills also seem to be better than about 92% of the country under sober circumstances.

My inclination would be that I'm just fine, but then again my opinion is probably a little bit biased...
Nevermind, I posted this in the wrong topic. This answers my question. I am fucked up and need to stop this downward spiral of shit.
i was gonna say no, but i've been drinking since 5 and can't be bothered to read your post. my friend was actually just trying to justify his going out drinking, his job is stressful. and he was like, yeah yours is too. he's a homicide detective. i might have a problem.

it's good to get these things out. but then again, i function quite well in life, so fuck my liver. you should try taking milk thistle though.
crx is pretty much an insane person
I'm not impressed.
!f you pace yourself over the course of 10-12 hours it's really not a big deal. Try drinking 12-15 beers in a span of 3-4 hours then chasing it with another 12 until the sunrises. Then you may have a problem and actually be one of my real life friends.
Wait, so you were able to accomplish the 3-hour task of organizing your closet and listing stuff on Ebay over the course of 55 hours in spite of drinking so much?

That's crazy.
I wanna buy BA a beer or three.
diceisgod Wrote:crx is pretty much an insane person
i'm really not sure how to take that coming from you
One thing I learned in recovery is if you have to ask yourself if you have an addiction, you probably do.
now that bloody anus is posting again i am gonna ignore DIG and his disgusting heroin addiction
What step in your recovery is posting your cooter on the web?
it's the 14th fucking step
Quote:!f you pace yourself over the course of 10-12 hours it's really not a big deal. Try drinking 12-15 beers in a span of 3-4 hours then chasing it with another 12 until the sunrises. Then you may have a problem and actually be one of my real life friends.
This is an excellent point and answers my question completely.

Quote:One thing I learned in recovery is if you have to ask yourself if you have an addiction, you probably do.
I never asked if I had an addiction; I asked if I had a problem. There's a difference. Ben Sanderson had an addiction. I, as DIG pointed out, have nothing to worry about.
The Sleeper Wrote:now that bloody anus is posting again i am gonna ignore DIG and his disgusting heroin addiction
You are such a fuckin slut, you're gonna dump DIG for BA, then when armymad comes back it'll be, BA who?
why you gotta mention the A word and toy with my emotions?
Cause you're an F